PDA

View Full Version : Crack = Big oil leak... Please help!!!

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Hey guys, I really need your help...

I finally finished my truck up tonight and I was so happy. I had the biggest smile on my face right after I started it up after being apart on jack stands for weeks. In any case everything went well until I looked under the truck for exhaust leaks since I put on long tubes and a new catback. As I look under the last thing I expected to see was a HUGE puddle of oil. I shut it off immediately and started to track down the leak. I found that it is coming from where the factory oil pressure sender is located. It seams it was over tightened and then a hairline crack occurred directly above the oil pressure sender port. I believe the crack goes into where the pressure sensor is threaded.

So my question is what should I do? How do I go about fixing this? Any ideas and or words of wisdom would really help... I'm so heartbroken right now, I just want to go to sleep and forget about it. Grrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 02:00 AM
The crack is where the red line is in the pic...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/theyayong/oil_sender.jpg

L8 APEX
01-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Replace the oil pressure sending unit? Or is the oil cooler split? I have an oil cooler

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Replace the oil pressure sending unit? Or is the oil cooler split? I have an oil cooler

It's the oil cooler that has a hairline crack... The actual pressure sensor is fine. How much for the oil cooler? Any tips on replacing it? :(

L8 APEX
01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Haha, the motor mount goes through it. May have to pull the top end off the motor and see if you can lift it high enough...
$100 bucks. I think they are 250 new.

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Haha, the motor mount goes through it. May have to pull the top end off the motor and see if you can lift it high enough...
$100 bucks. I think they are 250 new.

Man... That sucks. :flaming:

I'll come pick it up tonight or tomorrow from ya Terry... Please let me know where I can pick it up at. Thanks.

L8 APEX
01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
It may be a couple days, it is in storage and I may not get out in the ice storm.

tiffo60
01-27-2009, 10:22 AM
It may be a couple days, it is in storage and I may not get out in the ice storm.

what..... poonanny:d

This would be a good night to make some extra cash

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 11:23 AM

Ok... I think a buddy of mine in Florida has one that he's going to let me have. He's not sure of the condition though since it's been in storage for a few years so I still may need yours. He will let me know by this evening though. Thanks for all the help Terry.

Al

L8 APEX
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
I am at work now. It is 50 miles away, not worth the effort tonight. See how much they are new, I am not sure. I should have the gaskets too.

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 12:32 PM
I am at work now. It is 50 miles away, not worth the effort tonight. See how much they are new, I am not sure. I should have the gaskets too.

Just checked with ford...

"Oil Cooler"
$162 from Ford
PN: 6A642

L8 APEX
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
half price whatever it is...

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Sorry I had the wrong part number... It's:

YC3Z*6881*DA
$135.62

vnmous93cobra
01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Glad to hear it is something replaceable. Hopefully it will be relatively easy and you will have it back on the road pretty soon and find out what the new setup will do. I know you are going to hate giving up your current daily driver though :).

Boost_Addict
01-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Glad to hear it is something replaceable. Hopefully it will be relatively easy and you will have it back on the road pretty soon and find out what the new setup will do. I know you are going to hate giving up your current daily driver though :).

Thanks Shelby... It was nice meeting you and your buddy the other day. I'll definitely let you know what the new setup puts down.

Ya my current DD is awesome... lol. :d

Boost_Addict
01-31-2009, 11:18 AM

Update...

Thanks for the Oil Manifold Terry! I got it finished up last night around 2am. The job wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It just sucked having to redo work I had just done a few days before. lol.

For anyone in the future that has to do this it really isn't THAT bad. Just time consuming.