PDA

View Full Version : Need input for valve bodies

hallin hay
01-30-2009, 12:05 AM
It is time for tranny service and I am planning to install an updated valve body while the pan is off. My question is to everyone, would you go with JLP, LFP, or FTVB? I am leaaning to the Factory Tech, but I wanted to know your opinions on the three, Also my 2000 L has a stock tune, has anyone used any of these V.B. with a stock tune.

Thanks, Keith

L8 APEX
01-30-2009, 12:25 AM
They are all about the same. I have the line valve and spring kit for $80 bucks if I have any left. Depending on how many miles you may want a new unit. The bores wear and valves start to gall and stick.
Most tuners do the same thing. take a new core and put a bigger pressure valve and 3 more springs in it.
With stock tuning you have all kind of torque reduction and cylinder disable at WOT. That is where the spongy shifts are at.

hallin hay
01-30-2009, 12:43 AM
The L has 36,000 mi. now, but I have noticed that when the tranny is up to temp. It has alot of slip when changing from 3rd to O.D. I am not thinking that this tranny will last a long time. I am trying to get rid of a little bit of the timming retard/ line pressure drop that it has between shifts, but still have the stock tune for now. I hope to tune and pulley later this year, so that would also go into my descision.

L8 APEX
01-30-2009, 09:44 AM
A stock truck should last forever. I know two 12 second modified trucks that have stock trannies over 170K miles.

ZeusSVT
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I read up alot on VB's just recently on all the forums, and came to the conclusion that most are happy with whatever one they have bought. So they all seem to be good I suppose. I just bought a Factory Tech, it seems to be performing quite well so far, collecting dust in my spare bedroom. :throw:

TXLIGHTNING
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
I had Terry do his PRVB upgrade on mine :tu: Shifts like a champ now. BTW Terry, when I got home I reloaded my tune and couple of days after that it started shifting so hard I had to pull some shift firmness from the tune :d Must be that adaptive learning in the comp or something :beer:

hallin hay
01-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys, hey Terry I may hit you up for those parts if you could look for them next time you get a chance.

Thanks again, Keith

SILVER2000SVT
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Make sure you don't use one of those Line Mod valves like JDM pushes. It caused permanent problems with my transmission. There are several threads out there with other people having similar problems.

tiffo60
01-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Make sure you don't use one of those Line Mod valves like JDM pushes. It caused permanent problems with my transmission. There are several threads out there with other people having similar problems.

are you speaking of the monster box tranny you had/have?

SILVER2000SVT
01-30-2009, 11:03 PM
are you speaking of the monster box tranny you had/have?

No speaking of the factory transmission prior to the Jasper debacle.

BC Lightning
01-30-2009, 11:46 PM

Had a line mod valve in my 2002 lightning, had 30,000 miles with it and zero problems, till I totaled the truck

get a Factory Tech VB and deep tranny pan and filter, very easy to install :tu: