I need a pulley tensioner let me know if anyone has one and how much

L8 APEX
01-31-2009, 01:20 AM
I'll have to dig through my parts bin.

Silver_2000
01-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I'll have to dig through my parts bin.

Completely off topic :

TALON MEMBERS - Terry is a VALUABLE resource for help with these trucks. Just like this. He likely has one and is willing to go digging around for it, and will likely offer SonicBlue svt a deal of some kind. The "new generation" of Lightning owners seems to have a habit of making commitments and not keeping them. If you ask Terry for help and are unable to make it to meet him, common courtesy is to call IN ADVANCE to let him know. In order to help you with your truck Terry has made plans and rearranged his schedule to meet with you.

Most Dr's charge you a fee if you miss an Appt and dont cancel at least 24 hours in advance. There is a reason for it, your failure to plan costs them money.

If you stand Terry up it costs money, from lost lost opportunity to help someone else, to changed plans to do something else that moight have been fun and in some cases travel costs to get parts or to meet you. If you dont have the courtesy to call the day before to reschedule its rude and damages our collective reputation with Terry. Eventually he will decide its not worth it to help us.

I have encouraged him to get deposits for appointments, especially from new people but that is in practice very difficult if not impossible. So Ive decided, that if you stand up Terry Ill take action. Either ban you or otherwise make your life miserable. If you want help from Terry and want him to take you serious - send him $50 in paypal as a desposit. That makes sure EVERYONE is serious about the Appt, and EVERYONE has skin in the game. If you have sent him a deposit and then cant make an appt that will keep bad things from happening to your online expereince. :evil:flaming:

This is not directed at SonicBlue svt - Simply a recent post that reminded me of the brewing problem.

RANT OFF

Boost_Addict
01-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Completely off topic :

TALON MEMBERS - Terry is a VALUABLE resource for help with these trucks. Just like this. He likely has one and is willing to go digging around for it, and will likely offer SonicBlue svt a deal of some kind. The "new generation" of Lightning owners seems to have a habit of making commitments and not keeping them. If you ask Terry for help and are unable to make it to meet him, common courtesy is to call IN ADVANCE to let him know. In order to help you with your truck Terry has made plans and rearranged his schedule to meet with you.

Most Dr's charge you a fee if you miss an Appt and dont cancel at least 24 hours in advance. There is a reason for it, your failure to plan costs them money.

If you stand Terry up it costs money, from lost lost opportunity to help someone else, to changed plans to do something else that moight have been fun and in some cases travel costs to get parts or to meet you. If you dont have the courtesy to call the day before to reschedule its rude and damages our collective reputation with Terry. Eventually he will decide its not worth it to help us.

I have encouraged him to get deposits for appointments, especially from new people but that is in practice very difficult if not impossible. So Ive decided, that if you stand up Terry Ill take action. Either ban you or otherwise make your life miserable. If you want help from Terry and want him to take you serious - send him $50 in paypal as a desposit. That makes sure EVERYONE is serious about the Appt, and EVERYONE has skin in the game. If you have sent him a deposit and then cant make an appt that will keep bad things from happening to your online expereince. :evil:flaming:

This is not directed at SonicBlue svt - Simply a recent post that reminded me of the brewing problem.

RANT OFF

If this is directed at me I'd like a chance to explain my side before judgment is passed...

I told Terry the night before (Last Sat) I still had my headers to do and that I would probably be late to my appointment. I called him as soon as I realized it wasn't going to happen as I planned (At my appointment time the day of). Before I even got the starter tune he sent me I offered to pay in full via paypal but I guess he didn't deem that necessary.

So again, if this is directed at me I hope you take the time to understand my side as well. I, more than anyone, understand everyones time is valuable and my time isn't worth anymore than anyone elses and vise versa. I met Terry when he sold me his spare oil manifold and apologized to him for what happened as well as via e-mail multiple times.

RANT OFF

P.S- I'd like to point out I respected that Terry posted that he had an idler pulley for the OP first which is why I posted IF Terry doesn't find one I have one...

Silver_2000
01-31-2009, 11:17 AM
If this is directed at me I'd like a chance to explain my side before judgment is passed...

I told Terry the night before (Last Sat) I still had my headers to do and that I would probably be late to my appointment. I called him as soon as I realized it wasn't going to happen as I planned (At my appointment time the day of). Before I even got the starter tune he sent me I offered to pay in full via paypal but I guess he didn't deem that necessary.

So again, if this is directed at me I hope you take the time to understand my side as well. I, more than anyone, understand everyones time is valuable and my time isn't worth anymore than anyone elses and vise versa. I met Terry when he sold me his spare oil manifold and apologized to him for what happened as well as via e-mail multiple times.

RANT OFF

P.S- I'd like to point out I respected that Terry posted that he had an idler pulley for the OP first which is why I posted IF Terry doesn't find one I have one...

Ease up - there have been dozens of examples

I havent been told the names of any - the story is more like " i got stood up up one more time "

It was simply a general reminder - If it were one person in particular I would have sent PM

Boost_Addict
01-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Ease up - there have been dozens of examples

I havent been told the names of any - the story is more like " i got stood up up one more time "

It was simply a general reminder - If it were one person in particular I would have sent PM

Sorry if I took it the wrong way... I just don't like people thinking I'm not good for my word. I understand I'm a new member but I like the people on this forum and I'd like to keep my name clear of any issues. Just figured I would explain my side so there wouldn't be any miss-conceptions of my character. :tu:

Cheers... :beer:

Silver_2000
01-31-2009, 11:29 AM
:tu::tu:
2 thumbs up for coming forward
Just wanted everyone to understand the issues.
Im sure that Terry will think this was unnecessary

TXLIGHTNING
01-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Completely off topic :

RANT OFF Amen Brother :tu:

ZeusSVT
01-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey Alwyn, Doug has a good point here and it has been a widespread issue in the past. I have seen it first hand when I have been over at Terry's place, where someone called the morning of, or hours after they were supposed to be there to say they couldn't make it. I understand things come up sometimes, but repeat offenses is a no no. Especially the day of.

He may or may not have directed it at you, but for what it is worth, I would take it to heart as with any of the other guys here that plan on using Terry's knowledge and helping hand in working on their truck. The guy does excellent work and should be respected in such a way to reflect that.

When I see it happen and hear of it happen it pisses me off as well. Simply because regardless of who you are or the reputation that you have with him, I am sure it in some way lessens his trust in the group as a whole and not just one single person specifically. :flaming:

Terry's a valuable asset to the community here and should be treated as such. :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
01-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Rule #1 DONT piss off your local tuner :tu:

Boost_Addict
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey Alwyn, Doug has a good point here and it has been a widespread issue in the past. I have seen it first hand when I have been over at Terry's place, where someone called the morning of, or hours after they were supposed to be there to say they couldn't make it. I understand things come up sometimes, but repeat offenses is a no no. Especially the day of.

He may or may not have directed it at you, but for what it is worth, I would take it to heart as with any of the other guys here that plan on using Terry's knowledge and helping hand in working on their truck. The guy does excellent work and should be respected in such a way to reflect that.

When I see it happen and hear of it happen it pisses me off as well. Simply because regardless of who you are or the reputation that you have with him, I am sure it in some way lessens his trust in the group as a whole and not just one single person specifically. :flaming:

Terry's a valuable asset to the community here and should be treated as such. :tu:

Believe me, if I could had made the appointment I would have... There's nothing more I would rather have done than driven my truck that Sunday. Shit happens and therefore I couldn't make it. It wasn't like I ditched the guy to go watch a movie with friends or something. The passenger side LT i was puting on kicked my ass and took me over 5 hours to do and on top of that there was a crack on my oil cooler manifold) I tried everything I could to meet the deadline but alas it was to no avail.

In any case I completely understand what Dougs point is and I completely respect that. If I didn't think highly of Terry I wouldn't have contacted him to do my tuning in the first place. He is the only Tuner I trust because his reputation precedes him. Anyways, I cant wait till he can work his magic on my truck. I've been waiting to be able to DRIVE (AKA-Beat on) my truck for months now. :icon_mrgreen:

In2deep
01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
ouch, guys can we start a new post on this matter!!

ZeusSVT
01-31-2009, 12:50 PM
ouch, guys can we start a new post on this matter!!

Nahh, no need. I think everyone is done now. Sorry we temporarily hijacked your thread.

Back on topic. Help this man get a pulley tensioner. :d

In2deep
01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Just hate it's on my thread I'm a newbie but if u click on my home page u can see my many builds and thousands spent I mean buisness and my name is David

L8 APEX
02-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I do not have a belt tensioner. Not sure if you were looking for the one for the blower or the main accy tensioner.

Thanks Doug, you are right. I am on the edge of rolling my stock pile of parts and all out to the curb. The new guys don't know the history of this or that I owned the best L shop in Dallas for 5 years. I have tried to continue to help folks part time because there is no other good source for L tuning and work. The closest place for half decent work is PSI in Houston, Pennsylvania, Florida or the North East coast NJ, etc..
This is just a case of the straw that broke the camels back. I love these trucks and working on them. But having a full time job and scheduling my weekends around folks that don't show or leave me hanging with parts has taken it's toll then some. I met Al breifly I sure he means well and I am not mad at all, just let down once again.
Yes he scheduled a tune 2-3 weeks in advance. So I canceled my weekend plans 2-3 weeks in advance. I have been working with an elite training group every weekend for the last 4 months. I have never missed a training session but I scheduled out for Al's tune. I said 11am he sent an email Sunday morning or such that he would be 2 hours late, sounds okay to me... I sit on my hands ALL day and I finally call him about 2-pm and he is just finishing up, then it has the cracked oil manifold. So that Sunday I drove 50 miles across town to set up shop, burn 6 bucks in tolls, miss my precious training for the first time in 4 months for nothing but a LOSS for the day. At this point I can give two shits...

Then three days later Al needs the oil cooler. I agree to run up to Lewisville on a weeknight and dig it out of storage. Al says he will get out of work/call etc at 8pm. I sit on my hands once again across town waiting. After 9pm I call Al. He is eating dinner or some shit. So we agree to meet on my side of town and I head home. A little before 10pm the deal is done.

So today when he started emailing, PM'ing and texting for Sunday tuning.... well you know the answer already. I don't know when I'll feel like risking another weekend on anyones truck...

As Doug stated this is not on Al, this has been happening for years and years. Not sure why I explained this single incident, didn't mean to front AL out. I am just stating yet another case of getting the run around... The percentage just keeps getting worse. As much as I love these trucks and could use the extra funds. My sanity also has its price...

Silver_2000
02-01-2009, 01:15 AM
This started as a thread about a tensioner and I led it astray so I moved the off topic stuff here

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images_talon/misc/progress.gif

Boost_Addict
02-01-2009, 01:20 AM
I do not have a belt tensioner. Not sure if you were looking for the one for the blower or the main accy tensioner.

Thanks Doug, you are right. I am on the edge of rolling my stock pile of parts and all out to the curb. The new guys don't know the history of this or that I owned the best L shop in Dallas for 5 years. I have tried to continue to help folks part time because there is no other good source for L tuning and work. The closest place for half decent work is PSI in Houston, Pennsylvania, Florida or the North East coast NJ, etc..
This is just a case of the straw that broke the camels back. I love these trucks and working on them. But having a full time job and scheduling my weekends around folks that don't show or leave me hanging with parts has taken it's toll then some. I met Al breifly I sure he means well and I am not mad at all, just let down once again.
Yes he scheduled a tune 2-3 weeks in advance. So I canceled my weekend plans 2-3 weeks in advance. I have been working with an elite training group every weekend for the last 4 months. I have never missed a training session but I scheduled out for Al's tune. I said 11am he sent an email Sunday morning or such that he would be 2 hours late, sounds okay to me... I sit on my hands ALL day and I finally call him about 2-pm and he is just finishing up, then it has the cracked oil manifold. So that Sunday I drove 50 miles across town to set up shop, burn 6 bucks in tolls, miss my precious training for the first time in 4 months for nothing but a LOSS for the day. At this point I can give two shits...

Then three days later Al needs the oil cooler. I agree to run up to Lewisville on a weeknight and dig it out of storage. Al says he will get out of work/call etc at 8pm. I sit on my hands once again across town waiting. After 9pm I call Al. He is eating dinner or some shit. So we agree to meet on my side of town and I head home. A little before 10pm the deal is done.

So today when he started emailing, PM'ing and texting for Sunday tuning.... well you know the answer already. I don't know when I'll feel like risking another weekend on anyones truck...

As Doug stated this is not on Al, this has been happening for years and years. Not sure why I explained this single incident, didn't mean to front AL out. I am just stating yet another case of getting the run around... The percentage just keeps getting worse. As much as I love these trucks and could use the extra funds. My sanity also has its price...

Well Terry, I didn't know you felt that way man... I really would like to apologize for any inconvenience I caused. I know it's not an issue of money but more an issue of principal, in any case if there is anything I can do to help fix or ease the situation I would like to do so.

I'd like to let you know as well that when I told you I was going to get the oil cooler I stated that I wouldn't be able to pick it up until after 8 and I would call you when I got out of dinner. There might have been some miss communication between us but I thought I was pretty clear.

Anyways, I'm sorry to have caused any problems with your scheduling so I'll apologize once again and I'll just stop bothering you...

In2deep
02-01-2009, 01:25 AM
I got the part tonight from Al thanks for looking Terry..

Silver_2000
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I got the part tonight from Al thanks for looking Terry..
since this is NOT the thread you started

you might post here that you found one
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16468