PDA

View Full Version : Stock CD Player Quit??

Beaudee
02-03-2009, 03:28 AM
My Stock 04L. CD player wont play,eject a disk,and gives mess. disk error???You select CD and gives error and goes to stereo.Any suggestions on the fix besides beatin on the dash??If its gone i will hammer and chisel to get my fav. 6 discs out.:flaming:

slick-svt
02-03-2009, 06:50 AM
When I first bought my 03 and it still had warrenty, I went through 4 of them doing them same thing.....bum deal.

99WhiteBeast
02-03-2009, 07:14 AM
There used to be a contact on here that works or repairs factory Ford radios.

Search and maybe you'll get lucky or someone can chime in

Beaudee
02-03-2009, 09:05 AM
It fixed itself.After beating on the dash it sead initializing and went back to workin.I wouldnt fix it anyway,i been wanting an IPOD capable receiver.I was more concerned with my ACDC CD and the others.:tongue:Any good recomendations on a receiver thats IPOD cap. that works good with stock speakers.

gagspa
02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Is it refusing to eject the disc?

Beaudee
02-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Is it refusing to eject the disc?
Yes it was and wouldnt work period.It pulls up any of the 6 discs now and plays,i havent tried to eject a disc since the trouble but all seems well.

gagspa
02-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Usually when the disc sticks the door is also open. Next time that happens grab a business card and a flashlight. You can usually see that the CD is caught on the top part of the door. Slide the business card along the top of the opening inserted halfway. Usually that will grab the top of the CD and press it down enough to clear the door. This happens every 6 months or so to me and the business card has always worked.

dboat
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
It fixed itself.After beating on the dash it sead initializing and went back to workin.I wouldnt fix it anyway,i been wanting an IPOD capable receiver.I was more concerned with my ACDC CD and the others.:tongue:Any good recomendations on a receiver thats IPOD cap. that works good with stock speakers.

I just got an Ipod interface and put the Ipod in my glove compartment..

Dana

ZeusSVT
02-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Pioneer and Kenwood makes some awesome flipout screen models that are priced really good right now that have the ipod interface on them, and Alpine has some great double din touch screens as well with ipod interface. I still have yet to put one in this truck though. I am just worried it would increase the chances of the truck getting broken in to around this area. :tex Frisco car break ins have gotten pretty bad here lately.

Beaudee
02-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Pioneer and Kenwood makes some awesome flipout screen models that are priced really good right now that have the ipod interface on them, and Alpine has some great double din touch screens as well with ipod interface. I still have yet to put one in this truck though. I am just worried it would increase the chances of the truck getting broken in to around this area. :tex Frisco car break ins have gotten pretty bad here lately.

Ive been hit several times.Anything nice cant be left out or in view anymore.I would love to buid a car break in decoy rat trap:evil

ZeusSVT
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Ive been hit several times.Anything nice cant be left out or in view anymore.I would love to buid a car break in decoy rat trap:evil

Alot of the pop up ones though, have the detachable face on them.. That is one of the good things I like about them. I'm just not sure I have the patience to have to take the face of my stereo with me everywhere I go. But it does help to deter thieves I am sure if its not there.