PDA

View Full Version : black L in Richardson area today

StormShadow
01-24-2003, 06:44 PM
My buddy called me and said he raced a black L in richardson..He was in a white audi s4...... was it anyone here?

tliss
01-24-2003, 07:18 PM
That was me and I wasn't racing him. I was heading back to work on Renner Road heading east toward 75. There was a lineup of about 10 cars in the right lane at the light before 75, so I jumped into the middle lane to get in front of it all. As I approached the front of the line the guy in the Audi steps on it. Since there really isn't much space between that last light and the intersection with the access road for 75, I found that injecting 10lbs of boost into the 5.4 would have rocketed me into the car sitting at that red light and thought better of it. I slowed and got in behind him so I could turn right onto the access road.

As I came around the group I was at 30-40 or so and had the throttle down about 1/3. If I would have floored it, I would have had no problem because I still had 2/3 of the gas pedal left and was pretty much right on his bumper.

What does a little thing like that run in the 1/4 anyway? I like Audis, I just don't think I'd ever buy one.

Tom

Silver_2000
01-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by tliss
What does a little thing like that run in the 1/4 anyway? I like Audis, I just don't think I'd ever buy one.

Tom

Former co-worker has an S4 -

I can embarass him at any rpm in either forward or backward.. His wife gives him a hard time about it even...

When I was running in the 13's I was a sec in front of him in the 1/4 ....

Doug

tliss
01-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Damn. I should have wasted him. Oh well...next time.

Tom

StormShadow
01-24-2003, 11:13 PM
hey I talked with my buddy and he has a stage 3 turbo kit on his s4 and he runs low 12's to high 11's in the 1/4.....hopefully we can post a video this summer when the track opens.....

StormShadow
01-24-2003, 11:42 PM
I can't wait to get my '03 in...tomorrow will be three weeks since I've ordered the L...anyone know if there is a delay??? I still havent got a build number or anything yet

tliss
01-25-2003, 12:02 AM
What color do you want? The dealer up in McKinney has a shadow gray, black and white sitting on the lot. If you're getting edgy, hit one of the dealers up. These things are sitting on the lots right now.

Tom

StormShadow
01-25-2003, 12:05 AM
I have a grey one on order. whats the dealership in Mckinney?? and will they gimme the x plan like I'm gettin already?

StormShadow
01-25-2003, 12:08 AM
tliss are you going to Kennedale on Feb 6??http://www.texasraceway.com/

wesman
01-25-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by dod racing
hey I talked with my buddy and he has a stage 3 turbo kit on his s4 and he runs low 12's to high 11's in the 1/4.....hopefully we can post a video this summer when the track opens.....

Is that what he has run or "What it should run" ? There is a huge difference, most of the import guys don't know the difference (I'm an import guy myself, I've seen and heard it all from some of these guys).

--wes

StormShadow
01-25-2003, 10:09 AM
good point wesman....but I wont know for sure untill I go to the track with him in Feb....we will see...btw anyone know what dealership in Mckinney has those '03's?? I wanna go check it out today

tliss
01-25-2003, 12:05 PM
It's Bob Tomes Ford, which is just off of 75 past El Dorado Parkway.

If you're interested, a few of us are meeting at Hooters in Addison at 1:00pm today (I'm checking out a set of wheels). If you want to meet up there and follow me back up you're welcome to. I live just down the road from Bob Tomes.

As far a X-Plan, they might be willing. That gray one has been there for about 2 months! No promises, though.

Tom

tliss
01-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by dod racing
tliss are you going to Kennedale on Feb 6??http://www.texasraceway.com/

We've got the Hay Hauler Shootout on Feb 1 at the Denton 1/8, and I wasn't really planning on doing two weekends in a row. The wife would probably have my a$$ if I did. Feb. 6 is out for me.

Tom

StormShadow
01-25-2003, 08:30 PM
thanks tliss I went and saw that truck today

StormShadow
01-25-2003, 08:36 PM
hey tliss my buddy Will asked me to post this link. He has this same kit on his S4...http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/slvrbullet/index.cfm

blueoval01
01-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Ahhh, The Fast & the Furious ........ :d
That was a Silver L in the movie, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

LMAO ....

StormShadow
01-25-2003, 09:28 PM
i have a pic of the dsg i looked at today but it is too big to post and i have downsized it as small as my camera will let me...if someone wants to post it I will email it to you

tliss
01-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Is Bob Tomes going x-plan? Are you going to get it? Just curious.

Tom

StormShadow
01-25-2003, 09:48 PM
yes they are offering me x plan but are about 800 off on my trade in...He will call me monday and let me know how much closer he has gotten...See the thing is. I have a $100 deposit ( no big deal) on a DSG at another dealership but have no clue when I will get the truck...and as you said this one has been here for months...I told the guys at Bob Tomes that everything being equal I would buy from them since they have the truck in stock...it only has 14.1 miles and I have a pic im itchin to post but its too big