PDA

View Full Version : Killed!!!

nacklas
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
So doing home tonite after work I encounter a blk chevy all decals where removed. He rides my a$$ until I was able to get out from traffic and then does a fly by!:nono: Oh no you dont ride me and then just fly right on by. So I catch him and we are coming to a stop light...So I slow down thinking ok I got you now, NOPE he runs the light. As he passes by I can see his friends pointing at me and smiling soooo I take off and catch him again. We slow slow down to bout 45 and he gives it three honks!!! :rll::rll: Sorry I'm still laughing bout it....We hit it I pulled like 6 or more cars on this guy as if he was standing still. As I start to exit I look over and for some strange reason they look upset!?!?!?:crying: I just look back and smiled.:evil :burnout:

Sorry for the long story but it was funny and fun!
Not too many people around here to mess with.

ZeusSVT
02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
NIce!!! Was is just a regular 1500???

ZeusSVT
02-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Here's a funny one that was posted over on LightningRodder today. The editing was classic....:rll:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/?action=view&current=srt10heyheyclip.flv

nacklas
02-04-2009, 11:30 PM
NIce!!! Was is just a regular 1500???

I think so...It sounded nice but he did have the exhaust dumped.

s|ck
02-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Good kill man :tu:

ZeusSVT
02-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Added the link to the above post. It was there the first time, not sure why it didnt post it. :confused:

nacklas
02-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Here's a funny one that was posted over on LightningRodder today. The editing was classic....:rll:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/?action=view&current=srt10heyheyclip.flv

That was awesome!!!:rll::rll:

WA 2 FST
02-04-2009, 11:58 PM

That's a major beat-down on that SRT. No way it is 650hp. However, the guy who made the vid is wrong. Those things are 505hp (not 455) stock... at least that's flywheel. Now the auto-trannied, quad-cabs are detuned from the factory, so maybe they are only 455 (but still listed at 505). Either way, that was a whipping.

Boost_Addict
02-05-2009, 12:37 AM

Bad ass... :nana2

nacklas
02-05-2009, 12:53 AM
That's a major beat-down on that SRT. No way it is 650hp. However, the guy who made the vid is wrong. Those things are 505hp (not 455) stock... at least that's flywheel. Now the auto-trannied, quad-cabs are detuned from the factory, so maybe they are only 455 (but still listed at 505). Either way, that was a whipping.

+1 I think if he had 650 it wouldnt be that bad of a whipping! Like you said that was a whipping!

tiffo60
02-05-2009, 08:55 AM
its amazing how there are still people out there that do not have a clue as to what a Lightning is capable of:D

nacklas
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
its amazing how there are still people out there that do not have a clue as to what a Lightning is capable of:D

True that!!!:tu:

WA 2 FST
02-05-2009, 09:51 AM
+1 I think if he had 650 it wouldnt be that bad of a whipping! Like you said that was a whipping!

Well, we have no clue what the L in the video has, but if the SRT-10 has 550rwhp, then it will run low-12s easily... even the QC at 5500lbs. Like the video said... "650hp my arse".

From what I know about the QC SRT-10, if the owner has a tune, CAI and exhaust (probably cat-back) it is probably making ~450rwhp...mid-13s at best, which is cannon-fodder for most L's out there.

ezapche
02-05-2009, 09:57 AM
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl2.gif That's great!

ZeusSVT
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Here's the story from the guy that recorded the video. He had his doubts about the guy saying it had that much horsepower as well. :rll:

So here's my kinda long story, take a seat and enjoy the read.

Well yesterday i decided to go run to walmart and the bank to get a few things. Well i havent driven my truck in almost 2 weeks due to having a newly acquired beater car. Wow, it did feel good to drive the Lightning again. So the trip was short due to me living in a small town. Had about a 10 min ride there and back and no interstates or open roads. So i went ride to another town and prowl the interstates looking for someone to race.

All of a sudden i see this sweet black Dakota R/T blacked out. I did well over 120 to catch up and come to find out it was my buddy. So we played around and i went on abot my busniess.

As i was heading into the east side of town, what do a i see? A Dodge SRT-10 QC slammed. Well of course eye of the tiger started playing in my head and i had to catch him up. I finally got onside him and i gave him a little rev. His sonand him just stared at my truck. Every now and then he would floor it to i guess show off the speed and pull away while i was behind him. Everytime he floored it so did i. One time i hit the 2-3 shift changing lanes at around 75mph and my back end kinda felt weird. Thank you FTVB 2cr! Each time i pulled on him. Not much but still, i figured a ligit 3 honk would be even better for me.

So after tailing him for about 20 freakin min across town i finally got onside of him and made the hand signal to see if he wanted to run. He said ok and i told him my favorite "safe" open road to do some high speed runs. But due to noise and this and that we decided to pull over and talk. Come to find out, he has a chip. Claimed it should be putting down 650hp. I told him calmy and nicely "650hp with just a chip, exhaust(seen the magnaflow sticker on his back glass) and intake(seen the CAI when he popped the hood)"? He said yes and i replied awesome!:D He was a very nice guy and i was not about to educate him that chips do not give gains of over 150hp haha. I then asked if he still wanted to play. He said ok and we decided to hear to the interstate. Game on!

*warning* This video contains cold weather and some WOT O/D.
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/?action=view&current=srt10QC-VS-L1-16-09comp.flv

Afterthoughts: after the first race, he made the gesture "what the hell is wrong with my truck." It's like he thought he was going to win or something. I did expect the big heavy QC to fair better than it did. I surf the forums on those trucks and they are detuned from the factory unlike the stronger/lighter RC models. But i figure since he had a chip and they REALLY wake them up, it would be closer.

He was a nice guy and i do hope to chat with him again. Sadly i had a concert(Brad Paisley FTW!) to go to and i had to go after we did a few more races.

I do enjoy the srt10 trucks but after this, i would never own the quad cab version. Like i said before, my buddy owns a RC and it is much faster and a pleasure to drive. Very nice trucks considering the weight. It would take some SERIOUS power and even more money to make those heavy QC's run well. Then it wouldnt be able to hook.

WA 2 FST
02-05-2009, 10:58 AM
So what does the L run? Like I said, the QC probably runs mid, low-13s if the tune is good. That being said... that was just a horrible beat-down from a roll.

It might be a different story if it was a QC SRT vs. a HD truck... at least it would be closer. But that's an apples to apples comparison. You don't buy a QC truck to be a 1/4 mile king.

ZeusSVT
02-05-2009, 11:02 AM
So what does the L run? Like I said, the QC probably runs mid, low-13s if the tune is good. That being said... that was just a horrible beat-down from a roll.

It might be a different story if it was a QC SRT vs. a HD truck... at least it would be closer. But that's an apples to apples comparison. You don't buy a QC truck to be a 1/4 mile king.

Very true.

I think his mods are 6lb lower, CAI, and FTVB 2CR and tune. That is about all he has commented on having. He says he is wanting to port his eaton soon but hasn't done it yet, so I am guessing everything else is stock.

TXLIGHTNING
02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Very true.

I think his mods are 6lb lower, CAI, and FTVB 2CR and tune. That is about all he has commented on having. He says he is wanting to port his eaton soon but hasn't done it yet, so I am guessing everything else is stock. I figured this is about what he had based on the time it took him to reach the 3-4 shift.

ZeusSVT
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I figured this is about what he had based on the time it took him to reach the 3-4 shift.

Yeah, and I like the little warning he put above the video..

*warning* This video contains cold weather and some WOT O/D. :rll:

TXLIGHTNING
02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah, and I like the little warning he put above the video..

*warning* This video contains cold weather and some WOT O/D. :rll: Yep, I was waiting to hear a loud BOOM during the clip :evil

WA 2 FST
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Very true.

I think his mods are 6lb lower, CAI, and FTVB 2CR and tune. That is about all he has commented on having. He says he is wanting to port his eaton soon but hasn't done it yet, so I am guessing everything else is stock.

So its a 12.7 or so truck