PDA

View Full Version : Bait Car

Beaudee
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I was enticed to slightly compare H.P. to a guy in a fast black car with CIA ear phones on 1171 main street.He kept jackin with me so i hit it abit and immediatally got stopped by an unmarked FMPD cop.He was speeding faster than me and i got nabbed for 58 in a 40.I think i was set up cause the way the cop acted and he was laughing the whole time he wrote me the ticket.I believe there is a scam goingespecially with his new hand held ticket writer/printer.Im gona be wathcin this.Happened @ Parker Square+ 1171:flaming:

Beaudee
02-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Im 80% sure it was a set-up.Enticing a road rage race for a ticket is just wrong.Yaah i deserved it and took bait/line and sinker.I got off on warnings for 100 times worse stuff.:texTheres def. a scam going on.

Shiner1
02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I have all the respect in the world for our brothers and sisters in blue. They do a tough job, but the Flower Mound PD is just a bunch of dicks. I have had two instances with them and "@ssholes" in the nicest word I can post about them in this forum.

98Cobra
02-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Only time I have been stopped by FMPD was for runnng a red light. Basically the yellow was shorter than I thought. She let me off.

I will be watching for this scam, although I don't drive a muscle car anymore so I doubt I would see any action.

kirkmears
02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
when i hear things like this, i appreciate living in dallas that much more. police here seem to have more important things to worry about like...real crime. sure i might be shot because i was driving home...but it happens.

for some reason, i only seem to get stopped once Ive left dallas (:icon_arrow:knocks on wood). luckily, i had to google flower mound to see where it was at.

i'd try to run that guys plates in the black car to get the 411. if its a scam, they'll be back. they are creatures of habit too.

did he get you for racing/exhibition or speeding?

Beaudee
02-15-2009, 09:08 PM
when i hear things like this, i appreciate living in dallas that much more. police here seem to have more important things to worry about like...real crime. sure i might be shot because i was driving home...but it happens.

for some reason, i only seem to get stopped once Ive left dallas (:icon_arrow:knocks on wood). luckily, i had to google flower mound to see where it was at.

i'd try to run that guys plates in the black car to get the 411. if its a scam, they'll be back. they are creatures of habit too.

did he get you for racing/exhibition or speeding?

The black car was a foreign with dual exhaust,after i saw the the unmarked grill lights i didnt really see what the guy was driven.He was speedin faster than me enticing,and i hit it one time and got spanked:hammer:202 bucks for 18 over:hammer:.Bait car was probally his bud or family.He got me for just speeding.Most Chicken Shit Ticket i ever got.

wesman
02-17-2009, 11:16 AM
The fine officers of Grapevine were known for this a few years back. They had a Z28 that they liked to ride your ass with and taunt you until you hit it and then they'd pull you over.

No good bastards :nono:

--wes

WA 2 FST
02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
The fine officers of Grapevine were known for this a few years back. They had a Z28 that they liked to ride your ass with and taunt you until you hit it and then they'd pull you over.

--wes

And we wonder why some people resort to acts of violence against officers of the law. I'm not condoning it, but there are plenty of dishonest tactics going on with their end, and it is frustrating.

Someone "riding your ass" is tailgating, and that is a ticketable offense.

dboat
02-17-2009, 11:50 AM

--wes

:ron:I had an instance like this in New York coming home from the IndyCar race. I finally changed lanes without using my turn signals.. so he pulls me over for a lane change without using my signals.. if that isnt :bs, I dont know what is.. instead of paying the ticket via mail, I drove an hour back over to the court on my court date only to have this officer pull me aside in the hallway outside of court to berate me and tell me I am guilty and why am I wasting the courts time. The officer then says in court that I was speeding, etc etc.. I told the judge what had happened and that I just wanted my side of the story told.. She lowered the fine and made sure it wasnt reportable to PA in regard to points.. I know the police have a very hard job, but this was just a young guy being a jerk.

Dana

tiffo60
02-17-2009, 11:58 AM
:ron:I had an instance like this in New York coming home from the IndyCar race. I finally changed lanes without using my turn signals.. so he pulls me over for a lane change without using my signals.. if that isnt :bs, I dont know what is.. instead of paying the ticket via mail, I drove an hour back over to the court on my court date only to have this officer pull me aside in the hallway outside of court to berate me and tell me I am guilty and why am I wasting the courts time. The officer then says in court that I was speeding, etc etc.. I told the judge what had happened and that I just wanted my side of the story told.. She lowered the fine and made sure it wasnt reportable to PA in regard to points.. I know the police have a very hard job, but this was just a young guy being a jerk.

Dana

I too have been harassed for the failure to signal, and there are atleast two circumstances that come to mind where I dont think it is necessary

1. If I am in a turn only lane, its pretty obvious I am turning and there isnt a need to signal...

2. When there isnt anyone behind me for miles, who exactly am I signaling for my lane change?

DamonH
02-18-2009, 01:22 PM

--wes

Yep, I was just about to bring up Grapevine for doing that. :flaming: