PDA

View Full Version : FI-R GT500 blower adapter project..

BradOcean
02-14-2009, 09:09 PM
I found this on NLOC, dont know if anyone has seen it yet.

FI-R GT500 blower adapter project..
As discussed in the Eaton thread, we will be designing and testing a GT500 Eaton M122 supercharger adapter plate, to be used on 99/00 as well as 01-04 Lightning/Harley trucks.

Initial fitment/rough measurments look good, and I think that we'll be able to design a two piece, billet aluminum plate system, which will consist of a pair of (undetermined thickness) CNC'd plates.

The first plate, will bolt to the factory lower, and will have counter-sunken holes on the top, so that the plate can be bolted down and provide a flush/smooth surface.

The first plate will also have holes drilled through, all the way around, in order to bolt the second plate down with grade 8 nuts/bolts, and provide adequate sealing/strength.

The second plate, will bolt to the lower, using the outer holes, and grade 8 fasteners. Once bolted to the 1st plate, the 2nd plate will provide a base for the GT500 supercharger to properly seat/align, and bolt down. The top of the 2nd plate, will have studs mounted, in the proper bolt pattern, and will allow you to bolt the GT500 supercharger to the entire assembly.

Both plates will need to extend a few inches beyond the factory lower, since the blower discharge is further forward. Both plates will have holes machined into them, to allow this discharge to properly reach the intercooler/lower plenum. The plate will also need to slightly extend in the rear, to cover the bypass valve area, and allow it to recirculate back into the lower plenum area.

This will be a pretty trick setup, and if I'm right.. there shouldn't be much (if any) firewall modification required.

Using a two piece plate design will be a little more expensive.. but, there's no reason that I can see, that someone couldn't buy a low mileage GT500 blower, and our plate system.. and get a nice 550whp setup for around 2K-2500.00 total, depending on what you spend on the blower.

Anyway.. enough of the boring stuff.. here's a few pics! http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-2-lightnings/images/smilies/smile.gif

99WhiteBeast
02-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I've been following that thread. Looks like an interested project and may be a little cheaper than a KB or Whipple upgrade depending upon the initial cost of the M122