PDA

View Full Version : Ford is void crazy

L8 APEX
01-25-2003, 08:34 PM
It as become very evident that Ford is looking for ANY excuse to void warranties. I had a customer with a totally stock truck, low miles, stock PCM sealed etc.. Broke a rod during cold weather and had it towed. Inspector said there were "marks" :confused: on the STOCK upper pulley. No further inspection just stated there were marks on the stock pulley warranty VOID!:flaming: This is BS I think they are just voiding, playing the odds you will walk away. Is there a legal representative in the club? I understand if you hose a motor with NOS or 6-8lbs of boost etc.. But basically stock a few months old is what warranties are for:rolleyes:

Silver_2000
01-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
It as become very evident that Ford is looking for ANY excuse to void warranties. I had a customer with a totally stock truck, low miles, stock PCM sealed etc.. Broke a rod during cold weather and had it towed. Insperctor said there were "marks" :confused: on the STOCK upper pulley. No further inspection just stated there were marks on the stock pulley warranty VOID!:flaming: This is BS I think they are just voiding, playing the odds you will walk away. Is there a legal representative in the club? I understand if you hose a motor with NOS or 6-8lbs of boost etc.. But basically stock a few months old is what warranties are for:rolleyes:

Story Sucks.. If its true its an EASY battle for an Attorney ...

If his truck was totally stock - How did he become your customer...

Doug

blueoval01
01-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Interesting ....... SVT customer satisfaction was rated very high in June of 2001. Haven't seen the details for '02 yet though.

Almost sounds like a "witch hunt" which means the inspectors are getting the "heat" from higher up. :hammer:

Jeez, wish Ford had just stopped making Lightnings after the 2001/2002 economic fall-out. But, I understand the pressure they are getting from the the competition as well.

.... .02 cents

L8 APEX
01-25-2003, 10:04 PM
He was inquiring about a built motor since they voided him. Apparently it costs a lot of money and time to fight FORD so nobody does.
It is a witch hunt, I looked at the truck personally. Both the mechanic, service manager, and I were befuttled:hammer: Apparently the inspectors are a husband and wife team..

blueoval01
01-25-2003, 10:10 PM
He was inquiring about a built motor since they voided him. Apparently it costs a lot of money and time to fight FORD so nobody does.
It is a witch hunt, I looked at the truck personally. Both the mechanic, service manager, and I were befuttled:hammer: Apparently the inspectors are a husband and wife team..
Why does the thought of "kick-backs" come to mind .......:mad:

Was this a standard or extended warranty he had?

I'd call SVT and get the "low-down!!".

03LightningRocks
01-25-2003, 10:11 PM
If a person is really in the right and has never done mods, an attorney could wipe up the parking lot with Ford. In a case like this, money is no object as Ford will be paying for both attorneys.

Maybe a call to SVT would help him out. I also believe there is an appeal process you can go through.

Rocks

blueoval01
01-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Terry,
With all that said ..... it would interesting to find out what is happening in the Mustang, F-150 and Power Stroke community. :confused:

Just to "know" whether they are targeting a specific model. Give it a L, Mustang, Cobra, Power Stroke or any 5.4 equiped truck.

..... another $0.02 worth .....

MadMax
01-27-2003, 12:07 PM
It as become very evident that Ford is looking for ANY excuse to void warranties. I had a customer with a totally stock truck, low miles, stock PCM sealed etc.. Broke a rod during cold weather and had it towed. Inspector said there were "marks" :confused: on the STOCK upper pulley. No further inspection just stated there were marks on the stock pulley warranty VOID!:flaming: This is BS I think they are just voiding, playing the odds you will walk away. Is there a legal representative in the club? I understand if you hose a motor with NOS or 6-8lbs of boost etc.. But basically stock a few months old is what warranties are for:rolleyes:

Ford is loosing money. The truck has design parameters. The story does not wash out. There is more than meets the eye here. Ford WILL NOT VOID a warranty due to marks on the pulley. I must now raise the :bs filter or something.....my .02

I smell an open can of sardines.... :hammer: