PDA

View Full Version : a new project

devildog92
01-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Hey Guys:

I am toying with the idea of a new project. I do not (at least at this point) have the funds for a vette or 1gen L to create a project toy since I just started my own business, but I may, may have a solution...

Considering how inexpensive you can p/u a Ranger for, I have been on v-8ranger.com and rangerpowersports.com quite a bit and I am considering a swap. I have a pic in my head of a black 95-ish ranger with cowl hood and 392 crate motor, backed up by a TKO tranny. The cool thing is you can still s/c it later. The trucks are running for under 3k in great shape. I mean, the whole project might be 15k, but noone says it has to be done overnight, and If I can get 400rwhp out of it that would be something unique...Any thoughts from you guys? Would an LS1 swap into a S-10 be better, cause I have considered that too...

blueoval01
01-25-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by devildog92
Hey Guys:

I am toying with the idea of a new project. I do not (at least at this point) have the funds for a vette or 1gen L to create a project toy since I just started my own business ........
Dan, I'm in a similar position except I have a project list a mile long .... :D
ummm, how about a nice R/C racer. Hopefully we'll have our first Talon R/C race organized for next month. I got hooked right away, but still have the list of mods for my L close at hand ..... :tu:

:nana2

devildog92
01-26-2003, 04:03 PM
what kind of outlay is that, and where would I p/u one? I do not know the first frickin thing about r/c's

blueoval01
01-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by devildog92
what kind of outlay is that, and where would I p/u one? I do not know the first frickin thing about r/c's

I started with $400. 1/10 scale Complete chassis, Truck Body, control, 3 extra batteries, extra set of wheels and tires.

Check out your local hobby shop. Or there are suppliers on the Web.

Here are a couple supplier links ......

Tower Hobbies (http://www.towerhobbies.com/)

RCV (http://remotecontrolvehicles.com/)

I hope to have mine finished this week so I can bring it to the Febuary meet at BoneDaddys.