PDA

View Full Version : Kooks LTH Gaskets and Bolts

TXLIGHTNING
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
What are the best header gaskets and header bolt's to go with for some Kooks LTH?

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 10:56 AM
^^^Anyone running Kooks LTH's?

BC Lightning
03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
^^^Anyone running Kooks LTH's?

LOL . . . NO!!!

here are some header bolts

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PHP%2D20010&autoview=sku

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 11:09 AM
LOL . . . NO!!! LOL.....THANKS!!! :flaming: SA SOB :rolleyes: I WILL TRY ON LR. btw: BC dont post on my threads anymore. You never have anything pos to say. Seems like you only want to talk about T.O.

BC Lightning
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
LOL.....THANKS!!! :flaming: SA SOB :rolleyes: I WILL TRY ON LR. btw: BC dont post on anymore on my threads. You never have anything pos to say.

Cry me a freaking river, you post a question I gave you an answer, next time have some intelligence to hit the search button, if not here on national forum :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Cry me a freaking river, you post a question I gave you an answer, next time have some intelligence to hit the search button, if not here on national forum :tu: STAY AWAY AP!!! I don't like your attitude!!!! Sorry all, this guy just pisses me off!!!! End of thread, I will look 4 info on one of the other sites. If you want to insult my intelligence take in mind I have a certified IQ of 144.

dboat
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
:popcorn

tiffo60
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
:rll::rll::rll::rll:

Beaudee
03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Been there:twitch:Copper gaskets U can get from ORileys.Get castelated nuts,buy some bolts drill to match cast. nuts and install stainless cotter pins.Problem solved.:beer::rll::beer:Theres a shit load of vibration there.My truck sets off car alarms within 3 parkin spotsknana.Ive tried everything.This is the cheepist quick fix.BTW Tony my buds EVO is bad ass he wants some.Ill let you know next Enniss trip:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Been there:twitch:Copper gaskets U can get from ORileys.Get castelated nuts,buy some bolts drill to match cast. nuts and install stainless cotter pins.Problem solved.:beer::rll::beer:Theres a shit load of vibration there.My truck sets off car alarms within 3 parkin spotsknana.Ive tried everything.This is the cheepist quick fix.BTW Tony my buds EVO is bad ass he wants some.Ill let you know next Enniss trip:tu: Thanks Beau, I knew there was someone on here running Kook's. My built stage 2 long block goes in the next 2 weeks :d Let me know when you plan to go 2 Ennis bud :nana2

Silver_2000
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
I have a really low IQ:popcorn but I used to have Kooks headers - Untill the truck was stolen ....

Beaudee
03-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Deff. use the copper gaskets.You can also double nut the bolts and torque the shit out of em( i think B.C. Lightning)told me about that one,it lasts for a bit but amazingly it still comes loose.Best to use cotter pins/A/C safety wire or buy them high dollar locking header bolts.Im sure someone has the link.Im cheep,use cotter pins.:tu:

Shiner1
03-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I have a really low IQ:popcorn but I used to have Kooks headers - Untill the truck was stolen ....

I bet my IQ is lower than yours and I have kooks headers.... I did stay at a Holiday Inn lat night though.:d

Beaudee
03-06-2009, 12:59 PM

Yep then you bought a slow ass Vett:D:rll:Way to help a brother out Doug.:icon_rolleyes:

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I bet my IQ is lower than yours and I have kooks headers.... I did stay at a Holiday Inn lat night though.:d :rll: I love that quote :d

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Yep then you bought a slow ass Vett:D:rll:Way to help a brother out Doug.:icon_rolleyes: You got to admit that is a bad ass Vett. Doug did a good job :beer:

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Deff. use the copper gaskets.You can also double nut the bolts and torque the shit out of em( i think B.C. Lightning)told me about that one,it lasts for a bit but amazingly it still comes loose.Best to use cotter pins/A/C safety wire or buy them high dollar locking header bolts.Im sure someone has the link.Im cheep,use cotter pins.:tu: I think ARP and Stage 8 makes locking header bolt's. I will check into getting a set.:beer:

SILVER2000SVT
03-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Stock gaskets if they aren't damaged. I've had my Kooks LT's off 3 different time and I'm still on the OEM gaskets and have never had a leak.

I also think the extra cost of the locking type bolts are not justified. Before I reinstall, I just chase the threads out to make sure they are clean and torque the bolts down with some copper anti-sieze.

TXLIGHTNING
03-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Stock gaskets if they aren't damaged. I've had my Kooks LT's off 3 different time and I'm still on the OEM gaskets and have never had a leak.

I also think the extra cost of the locking type bolts are not justified. Before I reinstall, I just chase the threads out to make sure they are clean and torque the bolts down with some copper anti-sieze. Sounds good. Man so many options.