PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use LFP 100mm & idler bracket?

richardekirby
03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I just installed an LFP idler bracket that I bought from an idiot on another forum. I already had 100mm idlers on my truck and I asked him how much bigger belt did I need to get? He replied that it should use the same size belt. I didn't think that was right, but I took his word for it.:hammer: It's not even close to fitting. Anyone running this setup? If so, what belt do you use? I have a stock upper, +4lb lower, and currently use a Gates K020685 belt. Thanks.

In2deep
03-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Call lfp and ask for Jessie he will help u out!!

richardekirby
03-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I just sent an email to LFP. I also had a question about replacement bearings in one of their idler pullies, so hopefully they can help. Thanks.

richardekirby
03-14-2009, 10:26 AM
I've sent two emails to LFP and nothing. I think it's time to trash this crap and go with a supplier that has a better product and service. Anybody using the new Reichard Racing idlers with dual bearings? They are a bit higher, but should be more durable.

PoorSvtman
03-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I cant remember what belt i used to run but do a search on nloc im sure you will find the answer.

richardekirby
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I got the belt figured out. I thought I would get an answer from somebody faster than I could measure and see what the local parts stores have around that size.

I'm having a problem getting a replacement bearing for a 100mm idler. I've tried three different ones (different mfgs and slightly different part numbers) and at lower engine speeds, they all sound like an ac compressor about to let go. I've been reading about new types of idlers that use two bearings in them and supposedly hold up a lot better. Reichard racing is one mfg and I think Metco has them too. Anybody had problems with replacement bearings in LFP idlers and any experience with the new types?

04 RedApple
03-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Try this from old GBL-G!
Scroll down to item #19

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2878

BC Lightning
03-17-2009, 12:02 PM
I've sent two emails to LFP and nothing. I think it's time to trash this crap and go with a supplier that has a better product and service. Anybody using the new Reichard Racing idlers with dual bearings? They are a bit higher, but should be more durable.

I have a magnum powers idler bracket and reichard racing idlers, I went with 90mm idlers since the MP bracket has a third idler, my old LFP idlers seemed to go out way too quick, I haven't run the R.R. idlers yet, but they seem to be a better built piece

nacklas
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I have a magnum powers idler bracket and reichard racing idlers, I went with 90mm idlers since the MP bracket has a third idler, my old LFP idlers seemed to go out way too quick, I haven't run the R.R. idlers yet, but they seem to be a better built piece

+1 I have the MP Bracket and it is awesome!

richardekirby
03-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all of the info. I finally got a response from Lfp a week after I emailed them. They suggested a different bearing, but I have not been able to go get one yet. I ended up installing the bracket with the new Lfp pulley on it and put one of my stock idlers back on in place of the bad Lfp pulley. It's fixed for now and it does not sound like it's about to come apart. I'm now thinking the pulley might be bad and the bearing is wobbling around inside it.