PDA

View Full Version : Help...leaking in the rain....

1stlightning
03-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Just found out that my truck is leaking into the cab when it rains. I appears that maybe the seal on the back glass is bad? It leaks right behind my head in the rain. It is not from the sliding glass part. Does anyone have any Ideas where to get this looked at and possibly fixed? :confused:
I do not feel like getting raped at the dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris94L
03-13-2009, 07:13 PM
check the brake light.

kirkmears
03-13-2009, 07:38 PM
to do it right, they'll need to remove the back glass and reseal it. any good glass shop can do this. my buddy in garland does glass work. i've had to reseal mine more than once. the second time, he just pookied over where it was leaking. this helped some, but under heavy rain, i still worry, so i carry a dry cleaning bag for the amp. it stays parked in a garage for the most part now. i even burned up an amp one time when it got wet :mad:. only took a couple of drops. that black tar stuff that seals the glass to the cab cracks after a while.

1stlightning
03-14-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't think it is the break light because of where the leak is. (right behind my head) I will give a glass shop a try. Maybe I can get one to come out to my work and do it. Thanks fellas.
Anymore help would still be appreciated.