PDA

View Full Version : Locking Gas Cap

dboat
03-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Since I am moving back to Dallas, was wondering if I should get a locking gas cap..

so post up.. also, should I go for the locking gas cap or the locking gas door? what do you have and why do you like it?

Dana

In2deep
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Gas cap, vatozone 20 bills

Ohmsby
03-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Mike had a pretty gay remote one that popped up. I always thought it looked good

You may ask him where he got it

dboat
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Mike had a pretty gay remote one that popped up. I always thought it looked good

saw it.. $450.. ouch.. but they make a manual one too..

Thanks
Dana

dboat
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Guys, dont forget to vote..

Showtime
03-16-2009, 02:56 PM
i wont put a locking cap on my truck. I'd rather have the the theiving ass dart siphon the gas out of my truck than drill a hole in the gas tank.

BC Lightning
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Its a pro-fit linear fuel door, half of mine is new, the other half is from Bad Rob's 02 L.

I had it on remote with my Clifford Matrix alarm, but since I ditched that alarm system I put a remote switch on a custom switch panel inside the truck

dboat
03-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Its a pro-fit linear fuel door, half of mine is new, the other half is from Bad Rob's 02 L.

I had it on remote with my Clifford Matrix alarm, but since I ditched that alarm system I put a remote switch on a custom switch panel inside the truck

I have always really liked the way that unit looked.. when I went to the website they are asking 450 for the remote powered unit.. I just cant go that much for that right now.. I am thinking of the locking manual version though..

Dana

ZeusSVT
03-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Unless you do get an electric remote one for the look and luxury that would be the only way I would do it. Other than for those reasons I don't see the need for a locker. If some one is gonna steal something or f*ck something up on a vehicle, a lock on the gas cap is not gonna make them walk away. Even though it's a small amount, I'd save my money and spend it on go fast mods!! :burnout:

tiffo60
03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
My denali came with a locking gas cap, I lost the key to it(sank to the bottom of the lake) and needed to get gas. So I pulled up real hard on it and twisted and it came right off.....

my2002lightning
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
You might check this out, Dana. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-25=Exterior&category|cat_-25|363=Gas+Doors+%26+Caps&partfamilyid=2944 (http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category%7Ccategory_root%7C-25=Exterior&category%7Ccat_-25%7C363=Gas+Doors+%26+Caps&partfamilyid=2944)

dboat
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
You might check this out, Dana. http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-25=Exterior&category|cat_-25|363=Gas+Doors+%26+Caps&partfamilyid=2944 (http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category%7Ccategory_root%7C-25=Exterior&category%7Ccat_-25%7C363=Gas+Doors+%26+Caps&partfamilyid=2944)

Ronald, thanks for the link.. I have been thinking of along those lines,but then again, am I just going to make the thief mad and have them punch a hole in my gas tank to get my gas that way? or should I just spend 20 bucks and get a locking one? but as Mark pointed out, you might be able to just twist it off anyway.. so hence the poll.. pls vote..
Ronald, what do you do? do you have a locking gas cap?

Dana

99WhiteBeast
03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
It was my first mod- bought it from the dealer. My take was some envious phuckstick may decide to put something in my tank- wasn't worried about the gas getting stolen.

dboat
03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
It was my first mod- bought it from the dealer. My take was some envious phuckstick may decide to put something in my tank- wasn't worried about the gas getting stolen.

did you get a locking gas cap or gas door?

Mark #2
03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Exactly the same for me

my2002lightning
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
The L has never had a locking fuel-door. Never any gas siphoned from the L from all-points N. OH to S. TX. I'm looking for go with one of the brushed-locking setups to match the 01'- '02' "Frankenstein" wheels for the cool-factor alone.

I suppose my reputation precedes me to not jack with my L. http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/flex.gif:D

Ronald, thanks for the link.. I have been thinking of along those lines,but then again, am I just going to make the thief mad and have them punch a hole in my gas tank to get my gas that way? or should I just spend 20 bucks and get a locking one? but as Mark pointed out, you might be able to just twist it off anyway.. so hence the poll.. pls vote..
Ronald, what do you do? do you have a locking gas cap?

Dana

99WhiteBeast
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
did you get a locking gas cap or gas door?

Just the gas cap

slick-svt
03-17-2009, 05:44 AM
i wont put a locking cap on my truck. I'd rather have the the theiving ass dart siphon the gas out of my truck than drill a hole in the gas tank.
Hell no you don't need one, You'll just twist off their arms if they are caught.......:icon_eek:

dboat
03-17-2009, 07:55 AM
This is interesting.. as of this post.. the NO's had an early lead but then the YES's made a come back and lead 10 to 8..

Dana

thanks for responding..

Moonshine
03-17-2009, 03:52 PM
I use a garage. ;)

dboat
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I use a garage. ;)

I will too... but what about when you are out and about?

Dana

Showtime
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Hell no you don't need one, You'll just twist off their arms if they are caught.......:icon_eek:

Yup, and beat them with the bloody end. :icon_twisted:

BC Lightning
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM

Dana

Even before I had the locking fuel door, I never worried about it, theyre going to get in there regardless of what you have on there, if they really wanted to all they would have to do is take a big enough screw driver and pop my fuel door off, or crawl underneath and poke a hole in the tank, or just pop off the locking gas cap

honestly I'm more worried about someone keying my truck than someone messing around with the gas

dboat
03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Even before I had the locking fuel door, I never worried about it, theyre going to get in there regardless of what you have on there, if they really wanted to all they would have to do is take a big enough screw driver and pop my fuel door off, or crawl underneath and poke a hole in the tank, or just pop off the locking gas cap

honestly I'm more worried about someone keying my truck than someone messing around with the gas

good point..

Moonshine
03-18-2009, 09:47 AM

Dana

What Michael said. Some things, you just pay the insurance premiums and try not to worry about it.