PDA

View Full Version : How do I make them stop?!!!?

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Those freakin a$$munches! "Your warranty is about to expire". They call my house, my personal cell phone, my work cell phone & I'd be real surprised if there is anyone reading this that has not gotten the same calls. Along with being just plain annoying, they have the knack of calling right when my kids have just gone to sleep, (after much work getting them to sleep) & bam! They are awake again. I've tried pressing 2 to be removed my the list. I've tried asking nicely to be removed, I've tried being an a$$hole to them... I told them today that my # is on the DNC list & was going to report them.. She just said, "It won't make any difference", & hung up on me. Now I'm just plain pi$$ed!!!!!!!!!
The only thing I know to do @ this point is to waste thier time, like they waste mine. I'm going to play along, but act car stupid. The first thing they ask when you get a human is your vin. Well... "What's a vin #?" I'm going to act interested so I can keep em on the line, but dumb so they don't get anywhere. Then when I'm bored, I'm going to tell them that I wasted their time to recover my own & hang up.
Obviously this isn't a good option either, but I might get a laugh out of it, so my inner child will be happier.
So on a more grownup note, how do I stop these harassing calls? Like my warranty on my 93 L with 220K on the clock is about to expire... It expired back in 99!

my2002lightning
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
My parent's and I get those calls all the time.

I just hang up. Problem solved.

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 07:54 PM
My parent's and I get those calls all the time.

I just hang up. Problem solved.

If it wasn't for their perfect timing that wakes up my kids, I'd do the same. The kiddos are getting better though... sometimes I get lucky & they sleep through the phone.

dboat
Those freakin a$$munches! "Your warranty is about to expire". They call my house, my personal cell phone, my work cell phone & I'd be real surprised if there is anyone reading this that has not gotten the same calls. Along with being just plain annoying, they have the knack of calling right when my kids have just gone to sleep, (after much work getting them to sleep) & bam! They are awake again. I've tried pressing 2 to be removed my the list. I've tried asking nicely to be removed, I've tried being an a$$hole to them... I told them today that my # is on the DNC list & was going to report them.. She just said, "It won't make any difference", & hung up on me. Now I'm just plain pi$$ed!!!!!!!!!
The only thing I know to do @ this point is to waste thier time, like they waste mine. I'm going to play along, but act car stupid. The first thing they ask when you get a human is your vin. Well... "What's a vin #?" I'm going to act interested so I can keep em on the line, but dumb so they don't get anywhere. Then when I'm bored, I'm going to tell them that I wasted their time to recover my own & hang up.
Obviously this isn't a good option either, but I might get a laugh out of it, so my inner child will be happier.
So on a more grownup note, how do I stop these harassing calls? Like my warranty on my 93 L with 220K on the clock is about to expire... It expired back in 99!

Tell them to put you on their "do not call" list.. then hang up.

mustgofaster
Done that @ least a dozen times.

Ohmsby
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Tell em you are the intended victims brother and He/she died recently in a car wreck in the car so the warranty really won't matter but thanks for bringing up bad memories

second scenario tell em you are a crime scene investigator and start asking questions like how did you know the victim and ask for personal info for the murder investigation

I have others but those typically work:D

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Tell em you are the intended victims brother and He/she died recently in a car wreck in the car so the warranty really won't matter but thanks for bringing up bad memories

second scenario tell em you are a crime scene investigator and start asking questions like how did you know the victim and ask for personal info for the murder investigation

I like!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Ohmsby
04-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Most folks don't like telemarketer's I see them as opportunities to fock with someone ..... You called me now suffer :throw:

98Cobra
04-01-2009, 08:17 PM
They are always recordings for me...recordings dont care about your fake stories...

Ohmsby
04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
[quote=98Cobra;164562]They are always recordings for me...recordings dont care about your fake stories...[/quot

Those I hang up. The live ones I like to take the training wheels off of their retard bus

In2deep
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM

:rll::rll::rll::rll::rll::rll::rll::rll::rll::rll: :rll:

Chris94L
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I hate those. Get them several times a week, sometimes several times a day.

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I hate those. Get them several times a week, sometimes several times a day.

Exactly!! You know what I'm talking about. Now multiply that by 3 phone #'s that I'm attached to.

99WhiteBeast
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Tell them to put you on their "do not call" list.. then hang up.

Don't do that with the one company. Google the number and you'll find one of these is very malicious- thousands of complaints. If its the one I had I told them to put me on the do not call list and they called back 3 fold the next day with a bunch of sister companies. I goggled all those numbers and found it all tied back to the same parent company.

It pisses me off to no end also- they call at the most inopportune times....

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 08:34 PM
That's the crazy thing. (one of em' anyway) I googled the # and got nothing. It's an odd #.... 062-296-3512

Silver_2000
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
there is an FTC site where you can register the no call violations

Sandman
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Tell them in this bad economy you had to trade in your ride for a bicycle. Unless they sales warranties for bicycles, they have nothing to offer you.

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
there is an FTC site where you can register the no call violations

I'm going to check that out.

dboat
04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Don't do that with the one company. Google the number and you'll find one of these is very malicious- thousands of complaints. If its the one I had I told them to put me on the do not call list and they called back 3 fold the next day with a bunch of sister companies. I goggled all those numbers and found it all tied back to the same parent company.

It pisses me off to no end also- they call at the most inopportune times....

didnt know about that one... thanks

Mika
04-01-2009, 10:05 PM
https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx

Works for me. The only calls we ever get nowadays are recruiters after my wife updated her resume...3 years ago.

Mika

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 10:10 PM
https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx

Works for me. The only calls we ever get nowadays are recruiters after my wife updated her resume...3 years ago.

Mika

All #'s are registered...They call anyway. Bastards!:flaming:

Silver_2000
04-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm going to check that out.
https://www.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx

mustgofaster
04-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks Doug.:tu: Complaint filed.

TXLIGHTNING
04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I get at least 2 a day, on my business and cell phone :flaming:

L8 APEX
04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I thought it was just me. They call me at 9pm and 6am regularly. I have pressed two and never spoken to a rep.... They call my work phone as well..

my2002lightning
04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
062 looks be to an unused area-code in South-Central Asia for CC scammers.

Silver_2000
04-02-2009, 09:20 PM
every time I read this thread title I think its Ohmsby asking about the voices in his head :evil:evil

Ohmsby
04-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I think that is true remember never deal with the recorded voices only the real ones......in your head

can't sleep the clowns will eat me cant sleep the clowns will eat me...It's like counting sheep for crazy people:D

slick-svt
04-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Thats funny because I told them about the death in a car wreck thing and guess what......they still keep calling. Its a focking hassle....

Silver_2000
04-03-2009, 07:47 AM
My home phone is ONLY used for those calls - I simply rarely answer it - Im also not here that much

The phone announces the caller id - so sometimes when I feel like screwing with people I answer and just play with them.

In my experience the "remove me from your call list " works - But then I havent yet answered one of the calls you guys mention - but Ive seen the number popup