PDA

View Full Version : Need Yall's Help!

TxBolt
01-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Well it looks like I will be doing some warrenty work. I noticed this weekend I had a drop of oil on my garage floor. So I ran my finger on my tranny bell and there was the oil. So I may have the ol' head leak. Can yall tell me the best place to service the beast without going through the void warrenty problem? A mod freindly dealer! I should be able to drop it off in Dallas a week from Sat. Oh boy, as bad as I hate other wrenches under my hood.:crying: :crying:

L8 APEX
01-28-2003, 06:41 PM
You may get lucky and they won't send an inspector for an oil leak. If they do:hammer: Have fun getting that JDM pulley off:twitch:

TxBolt
01-28-2003, 08:02 PM
What your saying is , if thay use an inspector, thay will void my warrenty? Rodney had his repaired with the pully on. Well give me my best shot! Where do I need to go?

Silver_2000
01-28-2003, 11:00 PM
How can they do the head with the pulley on ?

Far as I knew couldnt be done...

I would recommend taking off any pulleys BEFORE taking it in anywhere

Dont ask me why I know..

PS my head gasket is leaking for the third time AND below are examples of what happened in the past

MadMax
01-28-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
What your saying is , if thay use an inspector, thay will void my warrenty? Rodney had his repaired with the pully on. Well give me my best shot! Where do I need to go?

YO...you are playing "russian roulette" not pulling ALL MODS OFF....yes I am yellin' lol

:D

You need a Ford mechanic off the clock....perhaps a Saturday would do....

L8 APEX
01-29-2003, 12:25 AM
The inspector reports straight to Ford claims dept. They don't care who you know only what they see. They voided my warranty on "what they thought was on it before I brought it in". Where was the proof in that:confused: If an inspector sees scratch marks on the stock pulley they will say it has been swapped out and void it. That is what they did last week anyway. I have pulled off enough JDM pullies to know it is worth about 100 bucks and two hours labor:hammer:

Tony2000
01-30-2003, 01:22 AM
no matter who you know, or how it happen if a ford rep. gets his hands on any moded truck and even if it has not been moded if they think you have done something to change the original specs of the proformance of the truck THEY WILL VOID IT.
Tell me about it I got mine voided even with three different techs that though that the re-built engiine that was just installed in the truck was a defect. and I'm talking zero,none,nada, of mods on the truck.
not even the service guy knows, aperently the Ford rep. just shows up and BOOM.
VOID VOID VOID.:bs :bs :bs :bs

MadMax
01-30-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
The inspector reports straight to Ford claims dept. They don't care who you know only what they see. They voided my warranty on "what they thought was on it before I brought it in". Where was the proof in that:confused: If an inspector sees scratch marks on the stock pulley they will say it has been swapped out and void it. That is what they did last week anyway. I have pulled off enough JDM pullies to know it is worth about 100 bucks and two hours labor:hammer:

the inspector you refer to don't work on Saturday..and thats a fact jack :tu:

TxBolt
01-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Sorry about that. I haven't kept up with Ford warrenty in awhile. I'm not even going to mess with Ford on that account. I could drive up and thay see my hood and say "Void!!" I have a Ford Tech ans SVT machanic going to do it for 650.00, same as did Rodney's. Sorry guys about being so dumb to Ford. Thanks for the help!:tu: :tu: