PDA

View Full Version : ordering before friday...

01 bolt
04-06-2009, 01:37 PM
i want to order a 4lb lower pulley and hand held tuner before friday. i would like to get my truck tuned by terry. so what kind of tuners does he tune with? seems like someone told me once terry tuned L's with an sct x-cal tuner. what site should i order my 4lber and hand held tuner from? i plan on going to the track may 1st, so i would like to get my 4lb lower and a tune by terry done before then. thanx for the help guys, im a newb.

TXLIGHTNING
04-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Terry uses SCT XCal2 to do his tunes. Get in touch with him and give him a deposit to setup an appointment. He goes by L8Apex :tu:

L8 APEX
04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
LFP is probably the fastest source for parts. Any SCT product will work chip, Xcal3 is the standard now I think the Xcal2 was discontinued.

TXLIGHTNING
04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
LFP is probably the fastest source for parts. Any SCT product will work chip, Xcal3 is the standard now I think the Xcal2 was discontinued. Hey Terry, what is the difference in the XCal2 and the XCal3? Is it the # of tunes they hold?

L8 APEX
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Same three tune capacity. Larger display, different case, and more dazzle.

In2deep
04-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Sweet i love more dazzle!!

HARLEY/SC
04-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey Terry, is there a way u can tune without a programmer or something like that?

TXLIGHTNING
04-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey Terry, is there a way u can tune without a programmer or something like that? You have to have a handheld tuner. And I think Terry only uses SCT.

PUMP
04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey Terry, is there a way u can tune without a programmer or something like that?It is possible to have your ECM modified/retuned without a programmer, but not advisable. As a minimum, a Lightning with more than stock boost needs two tunes. One for warm weather (greater than +- 70-degrees) and one for cold (especially if it gets down below freezing). If you don't have a programmer then you can not change the tunes to account for weather.
Or, absent the proper tune stay of of the boost when it turns cold.

HARLEY/SC
04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
It is possible to have your ECM modified/retuned without a programmer, but not advisable. As a minimum, a Lightning with more than stock boost needs two tunes. One for warm weather (greater than +- 70-degrees) and one for cold (especially if it gets down below freezing). If you don't have a programmer then you can not change the tunes to account for weather.
"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"
Yeah ur right i have heard something like that. thanks for the info guys!:tu:

01 bolt
04-07-2009, 08:44 PM
ok i went to lightning force performace.com clicked on the lightning pulleys & kits link and need to know if im ordering the right thing. its the LFP quick change lower pulley kit priced at 209.95 do i need to add an aditional pulley ring?????? i saw a box for that. also i clicked on the lightning tuning link and need to know if the sct x3 xcalibrator tuner (custom tuned by lfp) is correct. its priced at 379.95 going to order tomorrow so hopefully this is the stuff. thanx again guys.....

charlie
04-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Terry. Do you have another adapter for the LFP hub? They did not send one with my hub/ring. I need one by Friday.

In2deep
04-07-2009, 11:17 PM
When u call Lfp ask for Jessie u should go with the six pounder, tuner,thermo, they have a kit u can buy all at once..

L8 APEX
04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't think I have any shims left. The tuner and pulley are correct. You can do a 6# they make more heat and stress than a 4#. 4# is safer for the hard driver, street user.