PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions???

RED_03
04-08-2009, 04:11 AM
I have been talking with Terry some in my possible search for heads for my truck. Was just wondering if anyone has any opinions (good or bad) on brands out there. LFP and JDM are really the only two I have looked at so far. :confused:

TXLIGHTNING
04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
I have been talking with Terry some in my possible search for heads for my truck. Was just wondering if anyone has any opinions (good or bad) on brands out there. LFP and JDM are really the only two I have looked at so far. :confused: well the JDM heads are the most expensive like all of their other L parts, but the do make good stuff. LFP has a good deal on Stage 2 heads and cams as well. I would WMS and some of the other vendors and just shop around for the price range your looking for :tu:

99WhiteBeast
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
If your going to the expense and hassle of heads you should replace the rods while you're there IMO- they are the weak link when upping the boost.

I would do a whole lot of other mods before I considered heads

TXLIGHTNING
04-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Do you have a built motor in your truck?

WA 2 FST
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
If your going to the expense and hassle of heads you should replace the rods while you're there IMO- they are the weak link when upping the boost.

I would do a whole lot of other mods before I considered heads

I agree. I don't know what your current combo is like, but I would certainly add an aftermarket blower, full exhaust, and upgrade the fuel system long before doing heads.

RED_03
04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I blew the motor almost 2 years ago. Terry built a new one for me with manley rods but reused the stock heads (I was in school at the time playing ball and had no job so money was an issue). I have had some detination issues durring shifts ever since. Terry has taken timming out twice but the problem persists. His thought was that the heads may have a hot spot on them and by this point I am willing to do anything it takes to get my truck back running well.