PDA

View Full Version : Traction bars

mustgofaster
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
What's better... LFP longbars, CalTracs, does it really matter? Just curious... I'd like to get some trac bars on my Gen1 by the 1st, but cannot find any LFP's; CalTracs may be avail though.

BTW... Anyone have some slicks that'll fit a Gen 1, that I can rent/borrow for the shootout?

richardekirby
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I have a pair of Cal-tracs on my Nova and they work very good. I've had them on about fourteen years. Seeing the owner's car, Calvert's '69 Mustang, with the wheels two feet off the ground on a 10.5 slick was enough advertising for me. But they may not be the best for these trucks. I wish I could afford either one of them, but for now I'll have to settle with the Lakewoods.:icon_frown:

PoorSvtman
04-15-2009, 09:31 AM
My buddys shop might be able to make you some bars like jlp

mustgofaster
04-15-2009, 03:17 PM

I'm interested. Any idea what kind of $$$? Whare is teh shop located?

1NiceHarley
04-20-2009, 03:52 PM

I might be interested also. $$$? I can't afford the $350 that LFP wants nor the $400 JLP wants.

Chris94L
04-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Steve - Does your truck hop bad? I sprayed a 125 shot off the line to a 1.94 60ft with no hop at all and I don't have anything extra going on (bars, slappers, etc), just the stock spring pack.

gpz 750
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
His truck had a little bit of wheel hop when I was testing the converter/trans after the build, but not bad.

mustgofaster
04-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Like Mike said, a little, but not too bad. I think that I'm just going to try the snubber trick for the 1st & skip the slicks.
So Chris... Are you still planning on Ennis?

Chris94L
04-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Pretty sure I'm going, unsure about racing.

mustgofaster
04-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure I'm going, unsure about racing.

C'mon... put it on the track. You know I'll be the slowest one there anyway.

1NiceHarley
04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
C'mon... put it on the track. You know I'll be the slowest one there anyway.

LOL. Naw, if I race my truck, I would be the slowest one there. LOL

PoorSvtman
04-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry dont get on here much..

Contact info
Keith
817-483-6669

www.nfamusairsuspension.com

Granted he dose air ride but he has done alot of 4x4, and race stuff as well.

Not sure he will beat jlp, etc but ya can call and ask.

It may help to have some measurments of the jlp bar brackets...

mustgofaster
04-21-2009, 08:54 PM
LOL. Naw, if I race my truck, I would be the slowest one there. LOL

I'd be surprised. A stock HD is much faster than a stock Gen1 & I'm not far from stock. I'm mainly putting mine on the track to tune & for the big smile that it puts on my face.

mustgofaster
04-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Sorry dont get on here much..

Contact info
Keith
817-483-6669

www.nfamusairsuspension.com (http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com)

Granted he dose air ride but he has done alot of 4x4, and race stuff as well.

Not sure he will beat jlp, etc but ya can call and ask.

It may help to have some measurments of the jlp bar brackets...

The budget pretty much got sucked up by my tranny & rear, but I'm probably going to go see him anyway. I think that I'm about 10-15 mins away, so it won't hurt to have him take a look & give me a quote. @ least I'll know how much $$$ to budget. Looks like he does some real nice work. I want to have him quote me a watts link as well.

PoorSvtman
04-21-2009, 09:03 PM
The budget pretty much got sucked up by my tranny & rear, but I'm probably going to go see him anyway. I think that I'm about 10-15 mins away, so it won't hurt to have him take a look & give me a quote. @ least I'll know how much $$$ to budget. Looks like he does some real nice work. I want to have him quote me a watts link as well.

Yea I told him the other day you were interested, Talked to him today and hes going to get some prices together, etc..

If your up there after 4 im usualy up there helping out, drinking beer..

1NiceHarley
04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd be surprised. A stock HD is much faster than a stock Gen1 & I'm not far from stock. I'm mainly putting mine on the track to tune & for the big smile that it puts on my face.

LOL well the HD really isn't stock but I have never been on the track so I don't think I could drive it to make it fast.

I sent him an e-mail today with links to LFP, JPL and JDM. Hopefully he will get back with me.

PoorSvtman
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Yea he told me somebody sent him links to jlp etc.. Hope he builds them for yall.

PoorSvtman
05-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Im not sure who he keeps playing phone tag with but hes not trying to ignore yall.

Hes out of town this weekend but if any of you all want to see some of his work drop by tomorow, ill be there working.

1NiceHarley
05-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Not playing phone tag with me. must be the other guy. Thanks.

mustgofaster
05-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Not playing phone tag with me. must be the other guy. Thanks.

Me either. I haven't had the time lately to check into it.