PDA

View Full Version : Want to get the truck dynoed

richardekirby
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I called Lonestar Perf, which is very close to my house, about prices for a dyno session. They said $75 for three pulls. I've never had it done before, so I was not sure if that was reasonable. I remember hearing on the radio last year about them having dyno days where it was $25, I think. The guy said they have not made plans for one this year. Any other suggestions that are close to Garland?

tiffo60
04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I called Lonestar Perf, which is very close to my house, about prices for a dyno session. They said $75 for three pulls. I've never had it done before, so I was not sure if that was reasonable. I remember hearing on the radio last year about them having dyno days where it was $25, I think. The guy said they have not made plans for one this year. Any other suggestions that are close to Garland?

if thats with air to fuel readouts, then its pretty close to being on par

most charge between 50-75

Shiner1
04-09-2009, 02:26 PM
if thats with air to fuel readouts, then its pretty close to being on par

most charge between 50-75

+1

Chris94L
04-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Take it to Dallas Mustang and talk to Mike Wilson.

L8 APEX
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Is Mike back with DMP? I think 75 is fair. JDM won't hook up a truck for less than 300 bucks.

Promotional days are a great deal but hard to catch. Air fuel is the most important data you need to collect. Tell them if it is not richer than 12.3 to get out of it and retune it. You want a stock truck in the 11's air fuel to be safe.

richardekirby
04-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Is Mike back with DMP? I think 75 is fair. JDM won't hook up a truck for less than 300 bucks.

Promotional days are a great deal but hard to catch. Air fuel is the most important data you need to collect. Tell them if it is not richer than 12.3 to get out of it and retune it. You want a stock truck in the 11's air fuel to be safe.

Thanks for the info Terry. I'll make sure I tell them that.

I called Dallas Mustang today, but they kept putting me off and then did not return my call. I like that they know our engines and they also use SCT and Diablo for their tunes, but if that is an indication of their customer service, then I might be better off going somewhere else. LG is close also. I might give them a call.

T Hogg
04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Take it to Dallas Mustang and talk to Mike Wilson.

Mike Wilson!!:rll::hammer:

Silver_2000
04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
dallas mustang has screwed up some stuff on many lightnings in the past

a dyno with no tune is safe

BC Lightning
04-10-2009, 08:46 AM
I've never liked Mustang shops working on Lightnings, Lonestar Performance put a bad tune on my 2002 Lightning . . . . . . . . KABOOM

Chris94L
04-10-2009, 09:38 AM
There was no indication of needing a tune in the original post, only asking for nearby shops that can dyno his truck.

richardekirby
04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
There was no indication of needing a tune in the original post, only asking for nearby shops that can dyno his truck.

Correct, I just want to get a baseline and see what hp and tq it is making now. I'm on the phone right now with Dallas Mustang trying to get something set up for this afternoon. I'll keep all that in mind when I need to get a specialized tune. I imagine I will look to Terry on that one.:tu:

In2deep
04-10-2009, 10:26 AM
40 bucks two passes Gearheads in Arlington, I have never used but sounds cheap..

HARLEY/SC
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
U should check speedtek off of I30 or HPP in lewisville! Ive heard HPP racing is real good with L trucks> they charge $60 for a dyno.

BC Lightning
04-10-2009, 11:20 AM
U should check speedtek off of I30 or HPP in lewisville! Ive heard HPP racing is real good with L trucks> they charge $60 for a dyno.

I have seen L's blown up on HPP's dyno :eek:

There is only one person in Texas I trust to tune my truck, and its Pat at PSI down in Houston, he has tons of low 11, low 10, and even 9sec trucks he has tuned

I trailered my buddy's truck down to PSI to have Pat fix everything that was wrong with it and to finally get it tuned right, got the N20 working and it should make some pretty good power for still having the Heaton on it, I was pretty impressed when I took the truck there, there were 4 Lightnings and everyone had roll cages in them, two were there getting motors and 3.4 Whipples, 1 motor and 2.6 Kenne Bell, and one getting a BIG turbo installed

Shiner1
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I can only speak to what I know. Hogg has his G1 at Lone Star and thats where mines is going.

T Hogg
04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I have seen L's blown up on HPP's dyno :eek:

There is only one person in Texas I trust to tune my truck, and its Pat at PSI down in Houston, he has tons of low 11, low 10, and even 9sec trucks he has tuned

I trailered my buddy's truck down to PSI to have Pat fix everything that was wrong with it and to finally get it tuned right, got the N20 working and it should make some pretty good power for still having the Heaton on it, I was pretty impressed when I took the truck there, there were 4 Lightnings and everyone had roll cages in them, two were there getting motors and 3.4 Whipples, 1 motor and 2.6 Kenne Bell, and one getting a BIG turbo installed

Terry would tune circles around those Houston boys on his bad day.:tu:

T Hogg
04-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I can only speak to what I know. Hogg has his G1 at Lone Star and thats where mines is going.

It's over there now getting ready for those Chevy boyz. I hope they show up with something. I would hate to get all cleaned up for the dance and there is no one to dance with. But then again there might be some Gen 2's that want to dance.:eek: Not calling any names.:D

Shiner1
04-10-2009, 05:10 PM
It's over there now getting ready for those Chevy boyz. I hope they show up with something. I would hate to get all cleaned up for the dance and there is no one to dance with. But then again there might be some Gen 2's that want to dance.:eek: Not calling any names.:D

Brian threw you under the bus and said you were coming over today. What you doing to it...:d

T Hogg
04-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Brian threw you under the bus and said you were coming over today. What you doing to it...:d

Out with the 4.56's and in w/ 3.73's for the 1/4 mile.

L8 APEX
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I recommended a few guys try PSI lately. I hope they are doing good work. BC says they are. One guy today called from Waco with a rough running and ticking new JLP stage 3 engine. I recommended PSI for his needs.

I know JDM helped them get started with tuning Lightnings. I consider JDM the best tuner in the country for Lightnings and anyone Jim helps has a huge start over most other folks. A few times I called JDM and they were at odds with PSI over past due invoices and customer service issues of folks Jim sent there. Last I heard everyone involved denied there ever being an issue...

I don't have the facility or time to work on or tune highly modified trucks. I am doing good to keep up with weekend bolt ons and mild tuning.:tu: