PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever wish?

Sandman
04-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I know a lot of you have traded toys in and out over the years. But i have always thought the terminator Cobras were a really good deal off the showroom floor and if you could afford an L, you could have most likely afforded one of those.

I chose the L over the Cobra because 1) I had been drooling over them for over 5 years 2) It was an automatic which makes commuting much easier and my wife cant drive a stick and 3) how awesome is a 380 hp factory blown TRUCK with a warranty?

Still, I find myself some days wishing I had a Cobra slammin thru the gears with the car pinning me to the seat in a way my L doesnt.

Maybe I just need to mod the L more:)

ZeusSVT
04-12-2009, 12:32 AM
I know a lot of you have traded toys in and out over the years. But i have always thought the terminator Cobras were a really good deal off the showroom floor and if you could afford an L, you could have most likely afforded one of those.

I chose the L over the Cobra because 1) I had been drooling over them for over 5 years 2) It was an automatic which makes commuting much easier and my wife cant drive a stick and 3) how awesome is a 380 hp factory blown TRUCK with a warranty?

Still, I find myself some days wishing I had a Cobra slammin thru the gears with the car pinning me to the seat in a way my L doesnt.

Maybe I just need to mod the L more:)

Yep, that just means it's time to buy more mods....:evil

L8 APEX
04-12-2009, 12:46 AM
After owning a few Vettes Mustangs are childs play. That is why the Vette goes best with the Lightning. Once you feel how a car should handle you just can't settle. I threw a lot of money in Mustangs to make them fast or handle better. But at the end of the day it was still another Mustang in the herd. My Lightning was a much more respected and appreciated vehicle than any Mustang.:beer:

dboat
04-12-2009, 08:03 AM
After owning a few Vettes Mustangs are childs play. That is why the Vette goes best with the Lightning. Once you feel how a car should handle you just can't settle. I threw a lot of money in Mustangs to make them fast or handle better. But at the end of the day it was still another Mustang in the herd. My Lightning was a much more respected and appreciated vehicle than any Mustang.:beer:

Terry, I agree, even now when you mention you have a Lightning.. most folks that know what they are, are impressed.. the young boys drop to their knees and say "We arent worthy, We arent worthy"..:D

Dana

In2deep
04-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Got that the other day, when a women offered to drop her skirt for me!!!???

mikelemoine
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
got that the other day, when a women offered to drop her skirt for me!!!???

Got pics?

dboat
04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
got pics?

+1:d

my2002lightning
04-12-2009, 02:44 PM
'03/'04 Cobras!:bows I still love my Lightning, though.