PDA

View Full Version : where to have my wedding??? wtf this is hard.

boostaholic
04-12-2009, 10:40 AM
So i have a off the wall non lighting issue and im reaching out for some help guys. Im engaged right now and deployed so finding resourses is annoying b/c 90% of the internet stuff is spam or what ever.

Is there any places that anyone knows up to have a wedding and reception at between austin and DFW? im originally from the ft worth area but her family is closer to george town and killeen (ft hood). I found a awesome place called angel springs http://www.angelspringsevents.com/index.htm but damn $3300 for a friday or sunday and $4300 for saturday?? anyone know of a cheaper place. I know it sounds dumb considering this needs to be the day we will always remember but at the same time i dont want it to be remembered as the 1 million dollar day.

So anyone have suggestions or know some places? thanks a million in advance.

mikelemoine
04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
No idea what it costs but the Hyatt Regency Hill Country is really nice and offers weddings. My guess is its a little pricey but its very nice.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels/sanhc/Wedding_Menu_2008.pdf

Good luck and congrats!

dboat
04-12-2009, 11:52 AM
I got married in Vegas and it would be a heck of a lot cheaper.. they are really set up and programmed to handle all types of weddings at all kind of price levels.. but with that kind of money, you could fly most out there and put them in a nice hotel on the Strip...

if you want more info, just let me know..

Dana

In2deep
04-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Sounds like your coming home on leave, that's what my dad did years ago in tiawanna, after he got from what he said ( the razor blade piss) a penicialin shot later it was anulled...

boostaholic
04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Sounds like your coming home on leave, that's what my dad did years ago in tiawanna, after he got from what he said ( the razor blade piss) a penicialin shot later it was anulled...

LOL iv seen that crap happen alot when i was in korea (2yrs). Im going on leave next month but we are not getting married for like another year but i want to get a head start on this or else she is going to get all stressed about it all.

boostaholic
04-12-2009, 01:02 PM
thanks for the replies iv gotten so far guys, i just want to find something nice that is going not cause me to sale the truck to fund it.

dboat
04-12-2009, 04:07 PM
thanks for the replies iv gotten so far guys, i just want to find something nice that is going not cause me to sale the truck to fund it.

Keep the budget in mind and give yourself a fair amount of cash for the unknown expenses that will happen before and after the wedding.. my in-laws came to Vegas.. I paid for their airfare and they paid for their own room, but I bought them show tickets to go to one of the shows with us and multiple meals.. buffets and steak house dinners. Keep all of this in mind. We honeymooned one day in Vegas and then flew to Denver and drove to Aspen.. It wasnt cheap but it was well worth it and would do it all over again.. the right wife is a wonderful thing.. and I have one.. if you ask a lot of the guys here, they will tell you how cool she is..

Dana

Shiner1
04-12-2009, 04:58 PM
How about the base church and NCO club??

BC Lightning
04-12-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm surprised your even getting a say

When my sister got married she told my bro-in-law he only had one job . . . . . . and that was to show up where she told him to show up at

kirkmears
04-12-2009, 05:27 PM
How about the base church and NCO club??
I'm sure some do it...lol.
My buddys would have been like...as in Free beer!?!?
Like Dana said, leave the state or country if you're looking for something inexpensive compared to DFW.

I worked in this building for many years and attended several close friends weddings & receptions last year here...very nice.
http://www.chgcityplace.com/

edit: est 100 people was $5000~$6000 inc food & top floor of the building

good luck

mustgofaster
04-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens is nice. http://www.fwbg.org/ Not a bad price either. (Except for the Japanese garden... It's a little $$$) But plenty of gorgeous spots. Wish I could find the pics I took last time there. I'll have to check my external hard drive. There is one spot in particular I'm thinking of that would be excellent. On the website, they have some pics, "The Rose Garden" but the pics do not do it justice.

Steve

99WhiteBeast
04-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Anglin Occasions http://www.anglinoccasions.com in Fort Worth/Kennedale area is cool and the price is right. Don't set the bar too high or you'll be paying for the same style for the rest of the marriage- do it right but don't get crazy.

Spend the money you save on the wedding for a nice honeymoon:tu:

nacklas
04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
We have your wedding schedule for Dec, 12 @ the Marty Leonard Chapel in Fort Worth off I-30 and Hulen st. $1700 for a Saturday night, it holds 200 guest. Now we are trying to find a Reception site!!

My fiancee says that if you can find a place that lets you bring your own caterer and alcohol and stuff, that it's a lot cheaper than booking a place that's all-inclusive. The first place that we looked at was cool and it included everything...food, alcohol, linens, flowers, etc...but after adding it all up, it was going to be a little over $20,000.

It's insane that people are willing to go into debt for a one day event. It is going to be memorable no matter what you spend.

GL!!!

L8 APEX
04-12-2009, 09:33 PM
I'd watch getting the price up there too high, spend it on a house, honeymoon etc. I have seen friends go into 5-10 years worth of debt for that one magical evening... Isn't her father supposed to pay:D I would do immediate family only and maybe travel somewhere. parents, grandparents and siblings...

dboat
04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I'd watch getting the price up there too high, spend it on a house, honeymoon etc. I have seen friends go into 5-10 years worth of debt for that one magical evening... Isn't her father supposed to pay:D I would do immediate family only and maybe travel somewhere. parents, grandparents and siblings...

Sounds like the Boatman plan:tu:.. only I had to pay for it..

Dana

boostaholic
04-13-2009, 11:01 AM
holy shit, i was going to quote everyone but this is easier. There are alot of good ideas given. For the hyatt its 10k for the cheapest so thats out the window. the botanic garden looks like a winner. We went there this past summer and she loved it and even talked about having the wedding there. I figured i can get 4hrs there which would be 600 bucks plus 100 for the dressing rooms. If we go this route il have to find a place for the reception.

once again thanks everyone for the help here, keep the idea rolling i have plenty of time to get this all sorted out. :beer:

98Cobra
04-13-2009, 12:16 PM
I have seen a wedding at the FW Botanical Gardens, good idea.

Rehearsal dinner I would say go for Joe T Garcias :)

BC Lightning
04-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I have seen a wedding at the FW Botanical Gardens, good idea.

Rehearsal dinner I would say go for Joe T Garcias :)

+1

They do a really good job, my buddy had his wedding reception there in the back patio, it was really nice

boostaholic
04-13-2009, 01:59 PM
shit i should just have the wedding at joe t's that place kicks ass. when im on leave im going to have to stop by there and have a chat when them, maby i can have the reception there or something but for sure the rehearsal dinner will have to be there good idea thanks.