PDA

View Full Version : Open Carry Petition

BradOcean
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
I know that many of you are handgun owners like myself. This is a petition to let Texas residents who can lawfully buy handguns carry them in plain sight. If i was a criminal and i saw someone with a gun on thier belt i would think twice before messing with them.

In2deep
04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
I agree some what being a fellow handgun owner, but its the idiot's who are quick to draw on someone and kill them.. Case in point a young girl was kicking and screaming case she did not want to attend class, her father was pulling her to the car and a concealed pulled out and shot her father in front of her, without asking any questions.. I dont believe all people have the smarts and can handle all situations presented to them!!

PUMP
04-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I agree some what being a fellow handgun owner, but its the idiot's who are quick to draw on someone and kill them.. Case in point a young girl was kicking and screaming case she did not want to attend class, her father was pulling her to the car and a concealed pulled out and shot her father in front of her, without asking any questions.. I dont believe all people have the smarts and can handle all situations presented to them!!
Freedom means being responsible for your actions. Don't carry anything that you can not handle. If you do something stupid, you suffer the consequences. Darwinisn at its best. Just my 2-cents.

dboat
04-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Rocks and I had this discussion.. I am betwix and between.. if you open carry, then the bad guys know who you are and will target you first.. however, if there are enough open carry there, its got to be a deterrent..

but I would be for it in general. There is at least one lib state that allows it now, plus a few western states do as well..

where do I sign up?

Dana

my2002lightning
04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I agree.

I dont believe all people have the smarts and can handle all situations presented to them!!

richardekirby
04-15-2009, 07:36 PM
i agree.

+2

charlie
04-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I dont believe all people have the smarts and can handle all situations presented to them!!

OK. Easy fix. Put in the provision you have to go to a school. The same type of school for the CHL. Same back ground check. And make it easy for the L.E.O. and the state workers. Have it attached to your drivers license. (color change of the license?)

I'm military trained, and I still learned a thing or two in the school.

Just my .02

In2deep
04-15-2009, 09:10 PM
My father was a Marine for 27 years, even some military guys are scary with a gun!!

boostaholic
04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
while i could care less about people that are not criminals carrying guns i still dont agree with the level this is being fought on. is everyone that scared to go outside? so scared that you feel the need to exibit a handgun?? i would just take a self defense class or something. im not saying not to fight for this cause but i think fighting against paying more taxes in arlington to help build a ****ing football stadium is a more meaningful fight.

brett i heard the truck might be for sale this true?

charlie
04-19-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't know about any one else. But scared? No, that's not the point for me. I grew up with a gun in my pocket, in my truck, in my house, is was just part of life. And yes, when we where kids, we did get in fights, and we left the guns in the truck. It was no big deal, our constitution said we could carry it, and we did. Hell they still do it back home. (not far from here)

And yes I do believe that in the larger populated places things need to be a little different. Not every one was raised with gun safety being one of the early lessons in life.

L8 APEX
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Not scared here, just aware and prepared. It is a tool or personal accessory it is right up there with keys, phone and wallet. It has a multitude of uses and is only as good or as bad as the person using it.
It is a crazy world out there, the fights that may be are not honorable or fair.

CHL classes don't teach you how to operate a firearm under stress or much for decision making. I have been through half a dozen classes and most all are laughable and full of scary hapless folks. I'd say TxDOT CHL classes teach people to carry guns about as well as they teach people to drive cars.:tex

If guns cause crime, then spoons make you fat.:cool:

PUMP
04-20-2009, 12:47 AM
snip ---
If guns cause crime, then spoons make you fat.:cool:
+1:tu::tu:Best analogy that I have heard in a long time.

BradOcean
04-20-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

Sorry i forgot to add the link for the petition. lol.
And no Boost i aint selling the truck. Ill die with it :)

charlie
04-21-2009, 08:23 AM
It looks like 60k + have signed it all ready.