PDA

View Full Version : missed out

Mitchell
05-03-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm in the market to buy my first L, and looking through auto trader today i found a new listing, a 03 DSG 36k miles original owner, no mods, for 15k :icon_eek:, 2500 under nada value of the truck, i called to see if i could see it this evening at 6 said it would be no problem, he called me back at about 5 and said someone was buying it right then and there, ohh well i guess, seems like it was a killer deal for a very nice truck.

my2002lightning
05-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Sounds like the original owner was caught between a rock-and-a-hard-place, and/or maybe didn't research the Ls true price.

Keep looking!

Mitchell
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
when i talked to the guy he seemed to be a little bit older 55+ and he lived in a gated neghiborhood with homes that start at 300k and up, when i told him that his price was about 2500 off from nada, he just said " well damn that would make sense for all the phone call, oh well, guess the wife will be happy she has more room in the garage for all her shit now" so i don't think the guy was hurting to sell it, he just didn't do any research to see what the truck was worth.

PUMP
05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Why are you looking for bone stock only?

Mitchell
05-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Why are you looking for bone stock only?

i just want one for a daily driver, i have other toys to mod and play with

PUMP
05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
I have a white 2003 with 35,750-mi. However it is moded. See the "For Sale" forum. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16783
Some of the modes improve the daily usage. Full cab acoustic insulation makes for a much quiter ride. Kenne Bell twin screw at same boost level of an Eaton runs significantly cooler. (That's why the OEM roots blowers are dubbed "Heatons"). But you can quickly change the upper pully to get more muscle. Bed Rug bed liner and roll up easy access bed cover improve the usability, IMO.
I am looking at Vettes, and while my prefference is a C6, maybe we can work a trade for your C5 Z06. A trade would save a hunk of sales tax dollars and that might be enough to make it doable. If you are interested I can get some pictures of mine posted.

It doesn't cost anything to meet up, compare notes and talk about it.:tu: