PDA

View Full Version : Boost problem

svtroky
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey guys got a little problem am only seeing about 10 pounds of boost I have a
C&L plenum, LFP single blade TB, C&L elbow, 6lb lower pulley can yawl help me out.
I all ready check my lines and they look good. The trucks running fine my only problem is the boost gage. :confused:

tiffo60
05-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey guys got a little problem am only seeing about 10 pounds of boost I have a
C&L plenum, LFP single blade TB, C&L elbow, 6lb lower pulley can yawl help me out.
I all ready check my lines and they look good. The trucks running fine my only problem is the boost gage. :confused:

stock or aftermarket gauge?

svtroky
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
stock or aftermarket gauge?

both r doing the same thing.

99WhiteBeast
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Didn't you just have your blower off this past week? You didn't leave a gasket out did you?

Also check the L shaped vacuum boot that plugs into the driver side lower intake- its in the middle of the blower on the drivers side but lower down and has two vacuum lines coming out of it- make sure it is seated on that nipple good by pushing towards the passenger side.

tiffo60
05-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Terry will chime in but maybe something is wrong with the Boost bypass

svtroky
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
am going to go and change the part were the boost bypass connects to with my friends his is a 2000 hope there the same so I can check if mine went south thanks guys and Terry let me know if am doing something wrong.

L8 APEX
05-06-2009, 03:26 PM
If you have moved the boost actuator pod make sure it closes all the way. Make sure the back line off the lower intake didn't come loose somewhere.

svtroky
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey guys well if this is true that the boost actuator lever should be open @ idle then mine went south.

Thanks to all of yawl.

I will be putting a used one today that I know is working to be sure its that and not a bad line some were thanks again

L8 APEX
05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
It should suck the lever up when you start it and drop it when you blip it. it should be down when engine is off.

svtroky
05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
It should suck the lever up when you start it and drop it when you blip it. it should be down when engine is off.

Well is down when trucks on and off do u think I need a new one or did I disconected something cuz its got the egr delete now to.

L8 APEX
05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Is it getting a vacuum signal to the tube on top? It may not be getting vacuum.

svtroky
05-07-2009, 03:53 PM
well i put a cap on the top nipple there so thats maybe my problem then what do u think Seņor Terry.

TXLIGHTNING
05-07-2009, 06:03 PM
well i put a cap on the top nipple there so thats maybe my problem then what do u think Seņor Terry. There is a black vacuum line that connects to that nipple you capped off.

L8 APEX
05-07-2009, 11:12 PM
The port on the boost actuator that bolts to the blower must have a vacuum signal. It cannot be capped off. I assume you are referring to the actuator and not the silly boost dump solenoid.

svtroky
05-08-2009, 07:27 AM
The port on the boost actuator that bolts to the blower must have a vacuum signal. It cannot be capped off. I assume you are referring to the actuator and not the silly boost dump solenoid.

Yes on the boost actuator. Now i need to know if i did it right. The back nipple conects to the C/L elbow and the front nipple runs to the lower intake were the s/c sits on right. Now am reading 14 psi hope its right now.

Now if thats fix, do u think cuz of the way i had it my truck did not run at her best on May1.

L8 APEX
05-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes on the boost actuator. Now i need to know if i did it right. The back nipple conects to the C/L elbow and the front nipple runs to the lower intake were the s/c sits on right. Now am reading 14 psi hope its right now.

Now if thats fix, do u think cuz of the way i had it my truck did not run at her best on May1.

That is better. Most blowers run extremely hot and destroy themselves with the boost closed. It makes heat and boost all the time at that point. It should not affect peak boost since it is closed anyway...

svtroky
05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
That is better. Most blowers run extremely hot and destroy themselves with the boost closed. It makes heat and boost all the time at that point. It should not affect peak boost since it is closed anyway...

:confused: So its better to have the boost open then closed right. And when u say (That is better) the way i have it now.

L8 APEX
05-08-2009, 05:10 PM
It should only close and make boost under heavy acceleration. It opens up at idle cruise and normal driving. That way it cools down and runs like a normal engine the rest of the time.