PDA

View Full Version : Went to North Star

Shiner1
05-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Thought I'd hit up NS tonight and make a few passes. I have decided that I can't launch this thing to save my life. I did however turn in a 7.29 @ 97.2 but a 1.9 60' just plain sucks. I'm sure this is operator error but it's frustrating. BTW, it was pretty busy but in 3 hours I got in 9 passes with food, beverage and cool down time in between. Damn I love watching those motor bikes rac'n. :icon_mrgreen:

0'Lightning
05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
anything keep up with you?
You ever raced anyone on the street? I've been to Royal and 35 on thursday nights a few times. I've had to many good races out there to count:d

Shiner1
05-09-2009, 03:25 PM
anything keep up with you?
You ever raced anyone on the street? I've been to Royal and 35 on thursday nights a few times. I've had to many good races out there to count:d

It was mostly street cars. Didn't get a shot at some of the faster cars that were out there. There was a 90ish vert must/cobra that was running mid 6's. :eek:. Several street trucks. Ext cab chevy that put up a mid 7. I lined up against a ProMod vega. I beat him to the tree. After that it was all over:d. I was really just trying to get some launches under my belt. Never been out to Royal. Might have to check that out.

BC Lightning
05-09-2009, 04:30 PM
It was mostly street cars. Didn't get a shot at some of the faster cars that were out there. There was a 90ish vert must/cobra that was running mid 6's. :eek:. Several street trucks. Ext cab chevy that put up a mid 7. I lined up against a ProMod vega. I beat him to the tree. After that it was all over:d. I was really just trying to get some launches under my belt. Never been out to Royal. Might have to check that out.

Royal and 35 is street racing :nono: :D

They usually run in Duncanville off sweetheart (where I met THogg for the first time back in 2001), regal row in Dallas, Newberry, and a few other spots

I haven't been to the street races in 3-4 years since they made it a felony if you get caught

T.C. and I have a few similar stories from back in the street racing days :D

0'Lightning
05-10-2009, 03:05 AM

Thats so bad ass. One day I'll have a truck/SUV that'll do the same.
Wow, sounds like a sick mustang, mid 6's is insane

Royal and 35 is street racing :nono: :D

I haven't been to the street races in 3-4 years since they made it a felony if you get caught
:D

Yeah, I would much rather go the track due to it being legal, but i feel like going to royal is mostly a chill cruise till you find the right match. I dont mind cause there are some fast ass cars out there that the guys dont care to take to the track. I like to go out there, park with a friend and watch till I see something I wanna run.

I'll be going to the 1/8mile track at northstar dragway outside denton this friday to show this guy up. Random guy gave me his number the other day in denton when it was raining. He was in a new GT stang with a chip, intake, and 3.73's saying he would beat me in a race. So I called and said lets meet up friday at the track. He then said he was sure I would beat him but it would be fun....singing a little different tune then before when I met him lol

Michael! you should come if you get your tune on your whipple worked out b y then.

uhhhhh..tio much to drink to nnight:vomit:

ZeusSVT
05-10-2009, 04:07 AM
At the rate I'm going I'll be pusssssy footing this thing around for another month or so. :tex

I really gotta get this damn wideband figured out. :hammer:

tucamote
05-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Hey zuse did you get your 255 put in yet?

ZeusSVT
05-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey zuse did you get your 255 put in yet?

No not yet.

Shiner1
05-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Thats so bad ass. One day I'll have a truck/SUV that'll do the same.
Wow, sounds like a sick mustang, mid 6's is insane

Yeah, I would much rather go the track due to it being legal, but i feel like going to royal is mostly a chill cruise till you find the right match. I dont mind cause there are some fast ass cars out there that the guys dont care to take to the track. I like to go out there, park with a friend and watch till I see something I wanna run.

I'll be going to the 1/8mile track at northstar dragway outside denton this friday to show this guy up. Random guy gave me his number the other day in denton when it was raining. He was in a new GT stang with a chip, intake, and 3.73's saying he would beat me in a race. So I called and said lets meet up friday at the track. He then said he was sure I would beat him but it would be fun....singing a little different tune then before when I met him lol

Michael! you should come if you get your tune on your whipple worked out b y then.

uhhhhh..tio much to drink to nnight:vomit:

Not sure what a GT will run. I lined up against a new Shelby. He ran a 8.4 to my 7.4. I would think you would have no problem with a GT.

T Hogg
05-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Thought I'd hit up NS tonight and make a few passes. I have decided that I can't launch this thing to save my life. I did however turn in a 7.29 @ 97.2 but a 1.9 60' just plain sucks. I'm sure this is operator error but it's frustrating. BTW, it was pretty busy but in 3 hours I got in 9 passes with food, beverage and cool down time in between. Damn I love watching those motor bikes rac'n. :icon_mrgreen:

Good times. All you need now is some bigger slicks. My 60" times went from 1.6s to 1.4s when I went to a 29.5 X13.5 et drag.

Shiner1
05-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Good times. All you need now is some bigger slicks. My 60" times went from 1.6s to 1.4s when I went to a 29.5 X13.5 et drag.

Yea, I'm not sure what size those are that I'm running now. I do know that my burnouts are not very good. My wife tells me as I'm pulling into the pits after a pass. "Your burnouts suck. You need to work on those" :eek:

02BOLT
05-11-2009, 11:25 AM
John, do you have a line lock? They're pretty simple to install, fairly inexpensive, and will definitely help make your burnouts more effortless, IMO.

TXLIGHTNING
05-11-2009, 12:02 PM
John, do you have a line lock? They're pretty simple to install, fairly inexpensive, and will definitely help make your burnouts more effortless, IMO. +1 :tu:

Shiner1
05-11-2009, 12:55 PM
+1 :tu:

No I dont fellas. Looks like there is the next mod, along with some bigger slicks possibly..

Shiner1
05-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Where would ya'll get a line lock? Summit/Jegs/Local/On-line vendor??

tiffo60
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Where would ya'll get a line lock? Summit/Jegs/Local/On-line vendor??

Seems like LFP used to sell them for 100 bucks, but I'm sure most area performance shops sell them:tu:

Since your in Lewisville, try RPM or HPP or even Quality Motorsports and see if they have any on the shelves.

T Hogg
05-12-2009, 09:04 AM
No I dont fellas. Looks like there is the next mod, along with some bigger slicks possibly..

With all that power you got you don't need a LL. LL's are for girls (I have one but can't get it to work right):confused:

j/k A LL would help a lot if you are having a hard time getting the slicks hot. But I think your main problem is not having enough tire. Those slicks you have wont hold that Spray off the line. Take that LL $$ and do a mini tub and pick up the biggest tire you can fit under that truck. Then go back to the track and drag the front tires.:tu:

Shiner1
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
With all that power you got you don't need a LL. LL's are for girls (I have one but can't get it to work right):confused:

j/k A LL would help a lot if you are having a hard time getting the slicks hot. But I think your main problem is not having enough tire. Those slicks you have wont hold that Spray off the line. Take that LL $$ and do a mini tub and pick up the biggest tire you can fit under that truck. Then go back to the track and drag the front tires.:tu:

"Line lock is for girls" :rll::rll:. Terry you kill me man!!

BC Lightning
05-12-2009, 11:03 AM
"Line lock is for girls" :rll::rll:. Terry you kill me man!!

Guess I'm a girl since I have a line lock so I don't eat up my 15" rear rotors while doing a burnout

TXLIGHTNING
05-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Guess I'm a girl since I have a line lock so I don't eat up my 15" rear rotors while doing a burnout I must be a female as well :icon_eek: :rll::rll: