PDA

View Full Version : Rambo was a wuss compared to these guys

Sandman
05-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Amazing stories. (http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html)

dboat
05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Amazing stories. (http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html)

that was a good read..

Dana

Sandman
05-25-2009, 10:16 PM

that was a good read..

Dana

Amazing that guys like that exist.

dboat
05-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Amazing that guys like that exist.

I know.. I thought it all ended with me.. :evil

Can you imagine being in those situations? I was really impressed by the Fin. He took out hundreds, but then again, most dont realize what fierce fighters the Finns are. I believe during WWII, the Germans finally decided to pretty much leave them alone after suffering huge losses.. maybe Mika can comment here.. but all of those guys were crazy in their determinedness (is that a word?)

Dana

slick-svt
05-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Crazy sumbitches out there.....:icon_eek: White Death has to be my favorite.

PUMP
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
I guess truth really is stranger than fiction.:bows

my2002lightning
05-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Simo Hayha was one tough-customer! 705 total kills under those conditions, getting half his head blown-off by a lucky enemy shooter AND regaining consciousness a week later ?!?

Vasily Zaytsev (Russian) had 242 confirmed kills(unconfirmed most likely more) with 11 being enemy-snipers. Rent "Enemy at the Gates" - very good!

I read recently that the longest confirmed sniper kill was by a Canadian sniper in Afghanistan with the Barrett .50 BMG - 2,500~ meters away! :eek: That's approximately a mile-and-a-half away. The first 2 rds almost did the job - the 3rd rd. hit it's mark.:tu:

Dana, I believe it's determination.

Mika
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
I know.. I thought it all ended with me.. :evil

Can you imagine being in those situations? I was really impressed by the Fin. He took out hundreds, but then again, most dont realize what fierce fighters the Finns are. I believe during WWII, the Germans finally decided to pretty much leave them alone after suffering huge losses.. maybe Mika can comment here.. but all of those guys were crazy in their determinedness (is that a word?)

Dana

Haha. In Finnish its "sisu". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu That should give folks some perspective. Never heard of Simo Hayha, but he definitely is an example of what Finns can do.

Oh, and I still hate the Russians. They took the land where my grandmother grew up(Karelia).

Mika

P.S. Sorry for chiming in so late. Haven't been on here for a few weeks.

dboat
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Haha. In Finnish its "sisu". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu That should give folks some perspective. Never heard of Simo Hayha, but he definitely is an example of what Finns can do.

Oh, and I still hate the Russians. They took the land where my grandmother grew up(Karelia).

Mika

I was wondering what the heck happened to you.. its not like you to pass up a thread dealing with a Finn..

:0fftopic Jenson Button is looking pretty strong this year and F1 could be really falling apart(IMHO)..

Dana

Mika
06-13-2009, 06:58 AM
I was wondering what the heck happened to you.. its not like you to pass up a thread dealing with a Finn..

:0fftopic Jenson Button is looking pretty strong this year and F1 could be really falling apart(IMHO)..

Dana

Holy crap...you're telling me about F1 falling apart. I wonder how happy the folks at Ferrari and McLaren are right now. They're seeing taillights of Renault, Toyota!!!, and Brawn? And it's not even close, they're getting slapped around like red-headed step-children. I never thought I'd see the day where Ferrari would be taking it up the tailpipe so hard. I understand they weren't super competitive before Schumi, but dang!

Mika

my2002lightning
06-13-2009, 08:44 PM
I can imagine, Mika. My Russian professor in college (native Czech) had no love for the Russians, either - even though she is fluent (Czech/Russian/German/French/English) as I am semi-fluent in Russian. Vlasta is old enough to be my grandmother - she fled her home-town in Czech. the night before the Nazis/Russians started overunning the place back-and-forth.

The Afghans, Chechyens and many Eastern Europeans are no different, I suppose, in their sentiments toward the Russians.

Mika