PDA

View Full Version : open thank you to Ford and the Employees

Silver_2000
05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Since Ford has done business in a unique way that so far had alllowed them to set themselves apart from the US competition and NOT require billions of our $$. A HUGE thank you for running a tight ship and encouragement to continue.

I just hope the new messiah doesnt make it impossible for Ford to stay competitive by flooding the others with billions of our money.

I owned fords exclusively and continuously from 87 thru 2007, and will own them again god and obama willing

98Cobra
05-29-2009, 11:24 PM
+1 Doug. I actually heard that Ford has enjoyed quite a boost in public perception since they did not take any bailout money.

I just wonder what will happen when the government decides that since they own 70% of a car company, they should only do all their fleet sales as GM...

gbgary
05-30-2009, 12:42 PM
+1 Doug. I actually heard that Ford has enjoyed quite a boost in public perception since they did not take any bailout money.

I just wonder what will happen when the government decides that since they own 70% of a car company, they should only do all their fleet sales as GM...

there's a 100% chance of that happening but ford can compete for the state and local contracts. i've always been a ford guy at heart (only occasionally straying) and the fact they didn't take money is definitly a plus in the pr department. the taurus and other new vehicles, along with union concessions, will put them back in the black soon.

L8 APEX
05-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I am about to buy again and am seriously considering another Ford for similar reasons. They show a little integrity and accountability.

Shiner1
05-30-2009, 06:03 PM
+1. You know the govt will now become all GM. I have a friend that's DEA and she was told to turn in her GOV Dodge next week. Wonder what she will get?:evil I think Ford had the best line up going IMO.

whitelightning'02
05-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Since Ford has done business in a unique way that so far had alllowed them to set themselves apart from the US competition and NOT require billions of our $$. A HUGE thank you for running a tight ship and encouragement to continue.

I just hope the new messiah doesnt make it impossible for Ford to stay competitive by flooding the others with billions of our money.

I owned fords exclusively and continuously from 87 thru 2007, and will own them again god and obama willing

+1 for me too! :tu: Just got the wife a new Merc Milan.