PDA

View Full Version : Jet skis anyone? Come inside...

ADale13
06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Well I need some advice from any with experince with jet skis or tigersharks in particular.

My roommate and myself wanted a little project and might purchase a 93 TS 2 seated but it's issues include: needing to rebuild starter and carb kit, also put the blower back on. My question is, for 700$ including trailer, is it worth it or not? How much time money and effort will it take to get on the water? Also, it hasn't been started in 3 yrs... Any help is much appreciated.

tiffo60
06-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Seems expensive for something 16yrs old and not running.... you might should check to see how expensive the parts and if there even still available

If it were me I would pass, sounds like it could be a money pit

ADale13
06-04-2009, 02:04 PM
well the point was to find a project. Just curious how much this one will be.

liteitup
06-04-2009, 02:50 PM
As an ex boat owner, the only thing I know about Jet skis is that they must have a suction cup on the throttle that sucks the driver's brains right out of his body.....everyone I've ever seen on one acted like an idiot, myself included the few times I rode one.

Anyway, dig around here for replacement parts, motors, installation guides, etc

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

$700 sounds way too high for something that old and not running.

mustgofaster
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
IMHO, that is too much to pay for a 16yo ski that doesn't even run. By the time you spent enough to get it running good you could have probably found something newer, with better performance & running for less. Most of those older models were pretty weak by today's standards as well, so you might be disappointed once you get it in the water.

mikelemoine
06-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I have a 96' Polaris 750 ski and I'm seeing them on CL running for under a grand. While these things do tend to be pretty durable I'm sure parts are costly and scarce, and the performance will be weak compared to newer ones. My 750 would hit around 45mph with my big butt on it, closer to 50 with someone skinnier. The 93 2 seater is probably not much if any better, since the 2 seaters are heavier. By comparison, the new ones will run 60+ and get up there a lot quicker.

I've been eyeing the newer Sea Doos with the 255HP supercharged motor. Wonder if I can pulley one?:d

slick-svt
06-05-2009, 05:33 AM
Better do a comp. check should be 125lbs or above. Go with a Kawasaki for durability or Sea Doo for performance....I 've had a few but never a Tigershark is it Aqua and white or red and white?

ADale13
06-05-2009, 07:36 AM
It's aqua and white. Damn he had it posted at a grand and I as like no. 700$ would be the max I would pay.if anything i'll keep the trailer and sell the ski. I'm going to look at it today so I'll post the results.