PDA

View Full Version : Final Destination

Aggie Mom
06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I guess when it's your time; it's your time. Freaky...

Woman who missed doomed Air France flight is killed in car crash

03:10 PM CDT on Thursday, June 11, 2009

WFAA.com

An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident, according to media reports.

Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from Bolzano-Bozen province, had been on holiday in Brazil with her husband Kurt and missed Air France Flight 447 after turning up late at Rio de Janeiro airport on May 31.

All 228 people aboard lost their lives after the plane crashed into the Atlantic four hours into its flight to Paris.

The ANSA news agency said the couple had managed to get a flight from Rio the following day.

It reported that Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured.

mustgofaster
06-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Freaky... Reminds me of the movie that you noted.

my2002lightning
06-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Such is life. Nothing is finite.

In2deep
06-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I just read the article was thinking the same thing!!

dboat
06-11-2009, 09:33 PM
When the Lord wants you, you will be going.. interesting how fate does this to us all..

Dana

eddiesvt02
06-12-2009, 10:51 AM
When the Lord wants you, you will be going.. interesting how fate does this to us all..

Dana

+1 on this, when god decide is ur time, theres nothing u can do

my2002lightning
06-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I was reading on another board of some airline pilots discussing crashes of this sort. They said if indeed an airliner is going to crash, that it's best that the plane breaks-up at cruising altitude, decompresses at those heights and everyone just "goes to sleep" well before impact.

It's almost unimaginable to endure the agony of being conscious and knowing that there's no saving you as you take that ~2-3 minute ride down to the bottom?:(