PDA

View Full Version : The world has come to an end.

Shiner1
06-25-2009, 09:11 PM
You young guys will have to put up with an old man for a minute. I'm truly sad that Farrah has left this earth. Every guy I knew in 1977 had that swimsuit poster on his wall. I had two, so no matter which way I was in bed I could see it. It's now official. I have changed the name of my Lightning from "the squisher" (long drunk story) to Farrah. Thanks for listening. I'm going to have several beers. :bows

Silver_2000
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Its a sad Day / Week
She was an Icon

SVTlightning87
06-25-2009, 11:48 PM
They always go in threes.First Ed ed mcmahon, the Farrah, and now Michael Jackson.Whats up with that???

dboat
06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
They always go in threes.First Ed ed mcmahon, the Farrah, and now Michael Jackson.Whats up with that???

Because it is always a trifecta when it happens. However, when was the last time there were three that were so noteworthy? Farrah had a HUGE impact on us, the look, the hairstyle, etc.. However, Michael Jackson was the Elvis of his time. His impact on music, dancing and performing are still seen and felt today. Most of us watched and listened to him way before his Wacko Jacko days. During the 80's, he was truly greatness.
Then there is Ed McMahon. His time and influence cut across several generations. Not everyone gives him his due for his work with Johnny Carson, but its hard to say how well JC would have done without Ed's timing and being able to pull off his role as well as he did.
God Bless all of them.

Dana

nacklas
06-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Because it is always a trifecta when it happens. However, when was the last time there were three that were so noteworthy? Farrah had a HUGE impact on us, the look, the hairstyle, etc.. However, Michael Jackson was the Elvis of his time. His impact on music, dancing and performing are still seen and felt today. Most of us watched and listened to him way before his Wacko Jacko days. During the 80's, he was truly greatness.
Then there is Ed McMahon. His time and influence cut across several generations. Not everyone gives him his due for his work with Johnny Carson, but its hard to say how well JC would have done without Ed's timing and being able to pull off his role as well as he did.
God Bless all of them.

Dana

+1 Dana!

tiffo60
06-26-2009, 12:35 PM
sent to me via text:d

Michael Jackson will not be cremated since he is mostly plastic, he will be melted down into legos so kids can play with him for a change

my2002lightning
06-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Yes, sad to see the news. It looks like Swayze is not far behind.

Mark #2
06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Farrah never did it for me, I was a Bo Derek fan.
High school to long distance college girl friend did the corn rows and she pulled if off way too well, lost her to a Ivy School boy.
Wish I had some pictures to share the resemblance was spot on. She probably has some, so maybe.

Michael and Ed, were part of my life, still remember actually practicing and learning the Thriller dance. Okay very gay, but it was the thing to do at the time. :o

dboat
06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Michael and Ed, were part of my life, still remember actually practicing and learning the Thriller dance. Okay very gay, but it was the thing to do at the time. :o

I never would have guessed that one.. but then again, it was the time to do those things..

so did or do you have John Derek envy? being once married to Linda Evans, Bo Derek and Ursula Andress.. was still having Christmas with all three last I heard.. whatever he had.. wish I had it too.. dang..

Dana

Mark #2
06-26-2009, 06:22 PM
so did or do you have John Derek envy? being once married to Linda Evans, Bo Derek and Ursula Andress.. was still having Christmas with all three last I heard.. whatever he had...

Dana
No envy, but apparently he still has it:D

PUMP
06-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Farrah never did it for me, I was a Bo Derek fan.
+1. Listening to Bolero still gets the juices flowing:icon_razz:

dboat
06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
+1. Listening to Bolero still gets the juices flowing:icon_razz:

she is still pretty good looking plus she is a conservative Republican.. have you seen those pics of her daughter...:bows:bows

Dana