PDA

View Full Version : So What Do You Do

dboat
06-27-2009, 04:29 PM
on a nice hot 100 degree Dallas summer Saturday?

just curious to see what folks do.. stay inside, work on the yard, the truck, go shopping, see a movie.. post up..

today I am in Erie, Pa, getting ready to move and we are having a going away party tonite.. it mid 70's here..typical Erie summer day. :tu::D

Dana

gagspa
06-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I rode the bike from 7:30 to about 3:30. It was HOT!

slick-svt
06-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Flush coolant on the Gen 1 and change thermostat, change oil and filter...shoot my 82nd airborne....its hot but you get used to it....Welcome to hell...:evil

boostaholic
06-28-2009, 12:55 AM
on a nice hot 100 degree Dallas summer Saturday?

just curious to see what folks do.. stay inside, work on the yard, the truck, go shopping, see a movie.. post up..

today I am in Erie, Pa, getting ready to move and we are having a going away party tonite.. it mid 70's here..typical Erie summer day. :tu::D

Dana

oh well when we are walking around in pants and t-shirts in the winter you cant even pull out of the drive way b/c the snow is too high LOL!!!!

if anyone wants to complain about the temp in texas they should come to iraq where its around 115-120 with a heat index of like 140.

if i was back in texas right now i would be washing the truck and then after that i would be kissin the ole ladys ass b/c she dont like when i play with my truck. i would wait till the sun was just about to go down and mow the yard.

dboat
06-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Oh, I lived in Dallas before and lived through that summer where we had over 90 consecutive days over 100... just wondering how many guys still do things outside vs inside during this time of the year.. used to ride a motorcycle but when you stop on that asphalt.. ouch, was it hot..if you have shade, washing the truck, putting on a coat of wax and getting it all cleaned up is not too bad..

Dana

boostaholic
06-28-2009, 11:24 AM
even in the shade i sometimes have issues when i wax cars. when i was 16 and owned a 86 Z28 camaro (AWESOME paint job) i tried to wax it out in the sun when it was like 98 degrees LOL. ended up driving to arlington (30mins away with no a/c in the car) so i could use the ole mans shop for some good shade.

Moonshine
06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I spent most of the day shopping for a new travel trailer, as the insurance company totaled mine from the hail damage. After that I went to the lake and read a book while lounging in my inflatable watercraft with a refreshing beverage or two. :tu:

Did the yard work today when it was only 100 instead of the 104 it was on Saturday.

dboat
06-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Did the yard work today when it was only 100 instead of the 104 it was on Saturday.

Brian, how do you do that without passing out? When I was last in Dallas, if I didnt get it done before 10a, it wasnt going to happen..

Dana

JetmechF16
06-29-2009, 01:37 AM
I usually fool around in the garage putting my jetski back together after just repainting it.

By the way, I guess this should be my introductory post as well. Hi!

Shiner1
06-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Welcome Zach. I spent the weekend putting the backyad back together between suds and getting in and out of the pool. :d I didn't get much work done..

dboat
06-29-2009, 07:21 AM
I usually fool around in the garage putting my jetski back together after just repainting it.

By the way, I guess this should be my introductory post as well. Hi!

welcome!!

Dana

Moonshine
06-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Brian, how do you do that without passing out? When I was last in Dallas, if I didnt get it done before 10a, it wasnt going to happen..

Dana

I'm pretty acclimated to the heat. After spending all week in body armor and navy blue poly/wool the thought of doing yard work in the same temps wearing shorts and a cut off T-shirt just doesn't seem that bad. Besides, on the weekend I can take a break, run cold water over my head, and down a beer when I start to get too hot. :tu:

kirkmears
06-29-2009, 05:19 PM
finished pulling that piece of $hit 4R100 transmission...and i thought chevy TH's were heavy. :nono:

i think i'll wait until it really warms up (august) before i put it back in...:tex

wanna help?

:evil

my2002lightning
06-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Summer with Zane, scouting boar-hunting, fall buck-hunting and job-hunting.

That's alot of hunting.:icon_wink: Saw a nice-sized solid-black boar Wed. PM.:cool: He could sprint! Too bad I was driving.:burnout:

wesman
06-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Hang out in the pool and drink XX :beer:

L8 APEX
06-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Train dogs every morning and float the cove most afternoons.:beer:

Ohmsby
06-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Boat and Beer Golf in the AM

save the major land projects for the fall and spring