PDA

View Full Version : Attn:Itunes Experts

99WhiteBeast
06-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I have hundreds of CDR's my brother has put great music on. However they are all labeled Track1, Track2....etc. I only want to import the songs I choose (maybe 3 or 4 per CD) into Itunes where I then can re-label them correctly with song and artist info.

However I can't just check the tracks I want and drag to one of my folders- I get a little icon that basically is a 'not allowed'

I do get the option to import the entire CD when I first put it in but I don't want all tracks only a select few.

Any ideas?

Silver_2000
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I dont think it allows you to rip selective songs

never tried

the songs have to be converted from wav to aac or mp3 ( depending on what format they are in now )

If they were mp3s on the disk you could copy the mp3s to a folder and then change them so they arent read only then import them

my2002lightning
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Steve,

Disregard this particular url.

Thanks.

99WhiteBeast
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Not sure what you are pointing me to there Ronald- looks like a generic ad site for various things.

You have to be smarter than the software I guess.

Put CD in- it will prompt to import all tracks- say NO
Click only the tracks you want, then eject CD
Re-insert CD and it remembers the tracks you clicked previously- then say yes to import.

my2002lightning
06-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Steve,

See if this helps: http://www.freerip.com/ I'm looking to fill-up the music-stack, here myself.