PDA

View Full Version : Denton Dragway Truck Shootout

Sixpipes
02-01-2003, 11:17 PM
Had a good time today at the track. Terry got his Gen I in the finals of both classes today. I got a video of the Final in Pro-Stock Truck (open) against BigBob. It should be a decent video.

More pictures here.

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=41

Silver_2000
02-01-2003, 11:18 PM
Video is there right next to the pictures

Doug

Sixpipes
02-01-2003, 11:48 PM
I made it through the first two rounds (somehow) before getting put out by Winterhawk in the semifinals of the street tire shootout.
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/41/P2016847.jpg
Had a nice .519 reaction, but the tires went up in smoke at about the 60' mark (2.21 60 ft). Let off the gas a little too much and the transmission shifted to second and the rest is history. Ended up with a 9.02@84.06 mph. Best street tire run was 8.40@85.15.

There were only three trucks for the Pro Stock class so HIHOAG and myself threw on our slicks and got put out in the first round. :p Best ET with slicks was 8.06@86.08 mph. Not too bad for the first time out with the new 90mm MAF and Swanson's reburned chip. And remember, that is pre-Plasma Booster. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif

Congratulations to BigBob and T Hogg for their wins today. :nana2

Flats Man
02-02-2003, 07:20 AM
Hey Doug, those were great pictures! It looks like you had a beautiful day for the event. I enjoyed the video as well. Did Terry hurt his truck in the clip? You have a great club out there in God's Country and I hope I can come and play this fall at your Talon event in Hallsville!

Winterhawk
02-02-2003, 08:28 AM
What a beautiful day for the street race,:burnout: Had a lot of fun:tongue: It was great to see everyone. It was my pleasure to add some color ( Red ) to the finials. Well about half way down the track I was dreaming of victory, :nana2 I had Terry By about a truck length, then he hit the switch and sprayed his way to the finish, great race Terry, congradulations :bows Bigbob congradulations on your win as well, nice truck:tu:

Silver_2000
02-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Flats Man
Hey Doug, those were great pictures! It looks like you had a beautiful day for the event. I enjoyed the video as well. Did Terry hurt his truck in the clip? You have a great club out there in God's Country and I hope I can come and play this fall at your Talon event in Hallsville!

Thanks Fred

Terry is killing driveshafts pretty regular. What you cant see in the clip is Terrys truck wheel hopping. It had done tha same thing the last run - BAD...

Doug

mercbuff
02-02-2003, 11:45 AM
hey guys just wanted to say my son and i had a great time with yall at the races wish i wouldnt have had to leave early and steve and six pipes thanks for all the tips .
also got in my first race on the way home sure was fun smoking the trans am

Sixpipes
02-02-2003, 11:48 AM
The two fastest ETs in the Street Tire class were Gen I trucks. Michael had some problems with his new nitrous system in his first round and was put out. Terry won the class. Fun thing about street tires is anything can happen. Winterhawk was consistant in every round and that's exactly what it takes. Of course Terry had "the button" which is the big equalizer. I may have to get me one of them buttons some day. :p

In the "pro stock" class, BigBob was running consistant 7.7s on slicks, and when Terry had problems (see video), Bob took the win. Fun day, but spent most of my spare time cleaning the soap film off my truck. The Sangar, TX coin-op carwash had soap in their rinse water. :mad:

HIHOAG and I also set a record for tandem tire changing.:nana2

T Hogg
02-02-2003, 09:17 PM
What a great day for a shoot out. I'd like to thank all the guys that showed to help make this a momentous occassion especially you out-of-towners.

Congratulations to Big Bob for handing the Gen2Kilr her first "L" by a Gen2 and winning the pro-street competition. :D On that same note, payback is a mutha... I'm hoping to see you again at the track SOON... Big Bob. :eek2:

Also, thanks to my pit crew from Oklahoma and all the guys that helped load my truck back on the trailer. I should have my truck back together in time for Ennis this weekend. If the transmission still works. :mad: I found some transmission fluid on the trailer. Hopefully it's something minor.

Just for clarification, I did drive my truck through the gates...:banana:

Sixpipes
02-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by T Hogg
Just for clarification, I did drive my truck through the gates...:banana:
As it turns out, a good thing you did have your trailer along. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/naughty.gif

ken cryder
02-03-2003, 01:26 AM
i don't care how you got your truck to the track ,drag , push or carry as long as you show up to have some fun competing. enjoyed running you. hope to be able to run you in the future . great job on your truck a real runner.:tu:

MICHAEL
02-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks, Terry I will help anytime! We need to this type of event again, I think street tires racing is a good way to keep things equal and still be a heads up race. I will get all the bugs worked out next time.:burnout: