PDA

View Full Version : time has come to prep to sale :(

boostaholic
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM
hey guys im getting married in Jan and need to start thinking about getting out of some small debt so iv decided to get my stuff together and see if i could sale the truck :(

so maybe everyone can help me out a little and just gimme a round about value of my truck. il list everything about it and see what everyone thinks. the exterior is a 9/10, the interior is a 9.8/10
here is a list of mods that its got.

2001 SVT Lightning #5935 (80k miles)

Performance Mods:
-Steigmeier custom ported eaton (equal to a stage 5)
-Reichard racing 2.90 ultragrip upper pulley
-Metco 6lb lower pulley
-Metco 90mm idler pulley
-C&L intake elbow
-Air raid cold air intake
-Caltrac traction bars (not installed)

-Nitto 555r rear tires (305/45/18)
-Tranny valve body (unknown brand)
-Ibach prokit drop (has shock extenders)

-Ghetto oil seperator mod

-SCT Xcal3 tuner (WSM starter tune, needs to be tweeked more)
-Bassani stainless shorty headers
-Bassani stainless single cat midpipes
-Bassani stainless mufflers and tips
-AEM wideband
-Aeroforce scangauge (set on downstreem AIT and coolant temp)
-Autometer boost gauge

Cosmetic Mods:
-Cerivinis spoiler
-Billet upper and lower grills
-Black 99-00 wheels
-Parking light fog light Mod
-Removed tow hitch

there are a few issues but nothing too drastic. I put the 6lb lower, BA2600 and ported blower on while i was on leave and was only able to drive it the last 4 days with this setup (put everything on 4 days before my leave stopped) so i didnt get to log it (couldnt find a non vista laptop) to have JJ @ WMS tweek the tune more. it has pour tip in and the a/f is sloppy but it still runs great and i did not try any WOT runs with the setup.

the next issues are:
1. the front grill could use a paint job from the normal rock chips and a few scrapes from curbs (previous owner did it not me)
2. the spoiler could use better paint b/c i used bumper black but its no biggie
3. i had a nitrous kit on it but never ran it i just purged compressed air from the tank but never actually had nitrous in the tank. so there are 2 holes on the radio bezel. i do have a harly bezel that will go with the truck but doenst have the air bag stuff on it.
4. i had home made electric fans on the truck so there is a swich still on the panel between the gauges and steering colum. there are also 2 wires coming from the fuze box from where i wired in 2 relays for the fans. i ended up putting the stock fan on b/c i never bought a actual controller.
5. one of the screws for the cops broke off into the manifold but it hasnt effected anything.

i know this is long as hell and im sorry i just want some guesses on how much its worth now. i do still have about 95% of all the stock stuff as well.

boostaholic
07-23-2009, 12:56 PM
i forgot the pics im sorry.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Firechicken1995/DSCN1414.jpg

i havent loaded more on photobucket but some are here www.cardomain.com/id/slowmaro

99WhiteBeast
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Based upon what I have seen trucks selling for as of late I would say in the 14k to 18k range- its really what the market will bare right now. Not the best time to be selling if you know what I mean.

L8 APEX
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't think Bob ever got his 18k for his one owner 03 @36k miles or such with KB and goodies...:( It was posted here.

PUMP
07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Based upon offers I had for my truck, I would say Kelly Blue Book value for stock 2001 w/ 80K-miles plus 10% to 25% of power adders, very little for stock spare parts. If you really have to sell, you'll get most $ by returning to stock and selling all add ons piecemeal. If you have to sell fast, you'll probably only get trade-in plus $1K. Now, mine is white and silver is more desireable color so you might do better. The best offer I got was $16,500 which was kelly Blue Book private party value (for a stock 2003 with 36K miles) +$500. I think that most newbies want a stock truck thinking that it has not been to the drag-strip. Then the first thing they do is .... go to the drag strip.:tongue:

nacklas
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
If you are willing to part out the truck I'm interested i the Cerivinis spoiler, Caltrac traction bars!

Shoot me a PM!

dboat
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Based upon offers I had for my truck, I would say Kelly Blue Book value for stock 2001 w/ 80K-miles plus 10% to 25% of power adders, very little for stock spare parts. If you really have to sell, you'll get most $ by returning to stock and selling all add ons piecemeal. If you have to sell fast, you'll probably only get trade-in plus $1K. Now, mine is white and silver is more desireable color so you might do better. The best offer I got was $16,500 which was kelly Blue Book private party value (for a stock 2003 with 36K miles) +$500. I think that most newbies want a stock truck thinking that it has not been to the drag-strip. Then the first thing they do is .... go to the drag strip.:tongue:

+1
Dana

boostaholic
07-23-2009, 10:32 PM
i was thinking 16-17k. if it doesnt sale il just de mod it and sale as stock as possible.

HARLEY/SC
07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
i was thinking 16-17k. if it doesnt sale il just de mod it and sale as stock as possible.

That sounds good.. Good luck with the sale bro

In2deep
07-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I'll consider all bassani components for the right price and scan gauge

boostaholic
07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
thanks guys, now if someone ill buy it as is right now that would be cool.

boostaholic
07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I'll consider all bassani components for the right price and scan gauge

i wont be able to part it until i get back to the states.

In2deep
07-24-2009, 10:55 PM
i wont be able to part it until i get back to the states.

where ya at??

boostaholic
07-24-2009, 11:45 PM
where ya at??

lovely iraq AGAIN!!! il be back around the middle of december though.

SS THiS
07-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Hate hear you are selling it! I say keep the truck and don't Marry it's Cheaper!! JK!! Congrats and come back home safe!

boostaholic
07-25-2009, 11:08 AM
i think il just watch and see when people are looking and tell them mine is for sale but i dont think it would be a good time to actually post it for sale since im not home.

anyone want to go swap out the BA2600, 6lb lower and tune back to the stock maf 4lb lower and old tune for me? :icon_mrgreen: seems i wont have time to do that when i first get back and i really dont have time to get it tuned again.