PDA

View Full Version : Take the plunge again?

BlackLight
07-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Well guys, it's been a while since I've owned a Lightning, and from the moment it was loaded into the transport to be shipped to the buyer, I regretted it. Only problem being, I am in the Midwest 70% of the year and you know how the winters are up there. So I bought myself an 05 F350 PSD that now has about 101k on it, and is in pretty good condition. Now, I found myself not really using it and the 4x4 as much as I thought I would be this winter, and my question is, should I trade her in for another Lightning? Right now the F350 is what I drive most days, as I have a weekend car (Supra) that does not go out in rain or snow. I can get more than enough on the trade in on the truck to buy a Lightning; this is the L I am looking at.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=250&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-Lightning|E-ANY|M-_14_|H-|D-_180_|N-N|R-150|I-1%2c7|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|X-popular|Z-47906&aff=national&paId=317274406&recnum=8&leadExists=true

Honest opinions? I really don't know what to do...have a 4x4 that I don't really use and always regret not having a Lightning again, or have two RWD vehicles that I would have to drive in all seasons but be happy with owning a Lightning again?

my2002lightning
07-26-2009, 04:34 PM
You planning on this L being a DD and driving it in the IN winters with all that snow/ice/salt?:nono:

Maybe sell the SD and Supra, pick up the L and get a DD beater for the Midwest winters?

Good looking L, though. Go for it.

FRDRCING
07-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Not sure if that is the Lightning is the one you want. He did a lot of stuff half ass on it.

BlackLight
07-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Not sure if that is the Lightning is the one you want. He did a lot of stuff half ass on it.

Agreed...stlye is more of what I meant...during the winters however, I don't have far to drive to anywhere really...I drove the L in two winters up here, not every day and when I did, smartly, never had any incidents, however, the prospect of what COULD happen is what scares me about having only two rwd vehicle choices for whatever weather conditions. The Supra, however, stays haha..I love that car to death and it would take a lot to make me sell it....maybe I should just move back to Texas so I don't have to worry about this anymore!!! :icon_mrgreen:

tiffo60
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
DO NOT GET RID OF THE SUPRA!!!!!!!!!! dumb suggestion on Ronalds part:nono::hammer:

Dump the 1ton and get a L:d

my2002lightning
07-26-2009, 07:06 PM
That was more of a question for Evan to answer for himself regarding his vehicle needs/wants than a suggestion to sell the Supra, Tifton.

Whatever makes Evan happy at the end-of-the-day, vehicle-wise.

BlackLight
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
That was more of a question for Evan to answer for himself regarding his vehicle needs/wants than a suggestion to sell the Supra, Tifton.

Whatever makes Evan happy at the end-of-the-day, vehicle-wise.

I hear ya Ron, that's what's driving me every day to want to buy an L, I KNOW I would be happy having an L back in the stable, but I can't decide if it would be a logical choice given my living situations...the fact that I had an L up here for two years and didn't really use the new 4x4 to it's potential recently versus what I know could happen, midwest winters vs. rwd truck...I've been on both sides and honestly can't decide, need a second opinion lol

ZeusSVT
07-27-2009, 09:45 AM
The link isn't working but I think I know which truck you are talking about according to Tyson's post. If it was the DSG with the GT 500 Hood Scoop then yes that one has been halfassed all the way around.....even that scoop. I'd shop around on NLOC and LightningRodder.com and see what you like. There are even some built trucks like the one on here :icon_mrgreen:, that are in excellent shape and up for sale. Do some shopping around, and get another one, you will be happy you did.

Just Do IT!! :nana2