PDA

View Full Version : Questions about things done to my New Truck?, good bad etc?

Credit2NV
08-14-2009, 02:30 AM
I was asking the original owner of my new truck that I'm picking up on the 28th. He told be about a few things on the truck...and I wanted to ask you guys what these items. Are these things good or bad, what is the advantage of some of the items, (please rem. I'm brand new to the lightning sceen. (so please save the jokes)

(1) What is a CAGED (4lb) pulley, what does the caged mean? Is this good or not? (said about 12lbs of boost)

(2) It has a cool aid 3 intake, is this good or bad?

(3) Has a presicion 2600-to-2800 stall, and a 4x4 oil pan, FTBB valve body, Super duty tranny cooler??

(4) SCT Handheld tunner..with a mail in tune from a svt sponsor?

(5) A Mafia?

(6) 2" drop shakles in the rear?

(7) Plugs NGK

(8) Bassani Cat back exhaust

(9) Metco Uppers (traction bars?)

(10) JDM electric fan?

(11) Cobra "R" Water pump

Ok I know some of this stuff...but like the tranny stuff, and metco uppers have no idea!?

Are these good items bad?, whats the big advantage etc?
Thanks again and sorry for asking some stupid questions, please no laughing, as I'm trying to learn more about this and the "L" Sceen.

God Bless

FYI- this is on a 2003- original owner...18,800 miles DSG "L"

dboat
08-14-2009, 05:50 AM
I was asking the original owner of my new truck that I'm picking up on the 28th. He told be about a few things on the truck...and I wanted to ask you guys what these items. Are these things good or bad, what is the advantage of some of the items, (please rem. I'm brand new to the lightning sceen. (so please save the jokes)

(1) What is a CAGED (4lb) pulley, what does the caged mean? Is this good or not? (said about 12lbs of boost)

(2) It has a cool aid 3 intake, is this good or bad?

(3) Has a presicion 2600-to-2800 stall, and a 4x4 oil pan, FTBB valve body, Super duty tranny cooler??

(4) SCT Handheld tunner..with a mail in tune from a svt sponsor?

(5) A Mafia?

(6) 2" drop shakles in the rear?

(7) Plugs NGK

(8) Bassani Cat back exhaust

(9) Metco Uppers (traction bars?)

(10) JDM electric fan?

(11) Cobra "R" Water pump

Ok I know some of this stuff...but like the tranny stuff, and metco uppers have no idea!?

Are these good items bad?, whats the big advantage etc?
Thanks again and sorry for asking some stupid questions, please no laughing, as I'm trying to learn more about this and the "L" Sceen.

God Bless

FYI- this is on a 2003- original owner...18,800 miles DSG "L"

all good, except not sure about the Mafia

Dana

Silver_2000
08-14-2009, 07:43 AM
all good, except not sure about the Mafia

Dana
+1
the mafia is BS BUT its likely included in the tune

mafia is aftermarket mass air sensor

unneeded at your level of boost

Just curious ?How many websites did you post the same questions on ?
Ive been on vacation and honestly dont visit a lot of other lightning sites - was just wondering

98Cobra
08-14-2009, 08:02 AM
These are all good things with the exceptions noted above. My question is why did you buy a truck with so many things done to it you don't understand, without posting this question first? :)

In2deep
08-14-2009, 12:00 PM
All good ditch the mafia and go with a Sct 2400 mass air!!

Mark #2
08-14-2009, 12:06 PM
The Cobra water pump is not a good thing, it moves less water. I took mine out a long time ago. Do a search on NLOC.

Sandman
08-14-2009, 09:23 PM
You should head over to Tim Skelton's (http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/race_prep/index.htm) site. He's done some pretty good documentation of his own research and work.

Credit2NV
08-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Well to all...got a good deal...
and it was what I wanted...