PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Buddy

Beaudee
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
LYSPQqUvNO0 Anyone been Dove Hunting this year.I been doing great all week:bows

Silver_2000
09-03-2009, 10:39 PM
thats great ...
the dogs is like " now what do I do with it "?

Moonshine
09-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Went yesterday evening for the first time. Got 1 bird. Took today and Monday off so I'd have a 4 day weekend to hunt, but I've been rained out this morning, and probably evening, as well.

Beaudee
09-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Went yesterday evening for the first time. Got 1 bird. Took today and Monday off so I'd have a 4 day weekend to hunt, but I've been rained out this morning, and probably evening, as well.

Ive been doing great,@ least 8-10 birds when i go.Got my first ringneck dove the other day.Never seen one before.Beautiful bird,they are 2 times the size of a regular morning dove.Popped a few white wings to,love the small tail and the way they fly:rll: like a plane without a rudder:d. I have been using 2 MOJO dove decoys,like leading a kid to cotton candy,seen dove turn way off just to land on em:rll:.I had coyotes and hawks attackin my Mojo's not alone cows being curious.Good stuff.Ill post some picks later.hvG586IWHqI :bows

Silver_2000
09-04-2009, 08:42 AM

At least we know why you didnt make the meeting :evil

Moonshine
09-04-2009, 08:46 AM
At least we know why you didnt make the meeting :evil

Told you I had to meet a repairman at the house. Never said I had to sit inside and watch him. :icon_mrgreen:

Beaudee
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
A little something ive noticed,Dove would rather drink out of a stagnet nasty little puddle than a beautiful pond/tank.Where i hunt theres 6 tanks,and all the dove come to water @ an area that overflowed from rains:tu:

Beaudee
09-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Any Goose Hunters here???I just bought another 10Ga Browning BPS in Camo.Sold my other to a friend,put True Glow Sights and got her cleaned up for some Sky Carp LOL.SoewFTmx6Ms :d

Beaudee
09-17-2009, 09:09 AM
One for Moonshine. My Remi 1187 Premier 12 ga. L/H.One of the best shotguns i ever owned.

Moonshine
09-17-2009, 09:57 AM
One for Moonshine. My Remi 1187 Premier 12 ga. L/H.One of the best shotguns i ever owned.

You're just trying to make me jealous, aren't you? Well, it's working. :hammer:

my2002lightning
09-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Beau, good-lookin' scatter gun! Excellent firearm!

You gunnin' for white-tail in OK. this year? Here's one for you...I'm scouting around for deer this afternoon with the break in rain on one of the family properties when I hear this commotion running towards me through all the brush.

First, I thought I walked upon a hog-herd and a torqued-off sow with piglets! First thought was to look for a tree to run-up as I have no gun on me at the time.

I look right and it's a spike-buck running WOT towards me about 30-40 ft away! ;-) He sees me, hits the brakes and makes a 45-angle cut away from me and stands there for 3-5 minutes just looking at me with this Borat "Wat?!?" look! It was sorta' funny, actually!

My first thought that there must have been a mature buck running this youngster off from his does. I stood motionless for a good-while, but no wall-hanger bucks emerged from the timber. Evidently, it's just the younger bucks showing themselves, thus far.

Beaudee
09-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Beau, good-lookin' scatter gun! Excellent firearm!

You gunnin' for white-tail in OK. this year? Here's one for you...I'm scouting around for deer this afternoon with the break in rain on one of the family properties when I hear this commotion running towards me through all the brush.

First, I thought I walked upon a hog-herd and a torqued-off sow with piglets! First thought was to look for a tree to run-up as I have no gun on me at the time.

I look right and it's a spike-buck running WOT towards me about 30-40 ft away! ;-) He sees me, hits the brakes and makes a 45-angle cut away from me and stands there for 3-5 minutes just looking at me with this Borat "Wat?!?" look! It was sorta' funny, actually!

My first thought that there must have been a mature buck running this youngster off from his does. I stood motionless for a good-while, but no wall-hanger bucks emerged from the timber. Evidently, it's just the younger bucks showing themselves, thus far.

Im all over it.Got some BIG bucks in my area.I sold my Bow.Im stickin to just gun.Tired of big bucks laghin @ me just out of rangs and payin for 2 out of state liscenses/250 gun/250 bow.Have not the patience or time for bow huntin.I post up my first kill.:cool:I like 2 nail one and party the rest of my time time off.:beer:

my2002lightning
09-20-2009, 05:30 PM
I hear ya', Beau! I need to get my stands and rifles in order, asap. Another cool-front is supposed to be hitting tomorrow and bringing even more rain with it, too. This should be good for the acorn crop.

PUMP
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Don't know about OK, but acorns are thick in Plano. I have two 15-year old live oaks in the fron yard. I have had to clean the side walk everyday (except when raining) for the past three weeks. Have swept up over 3-pounds of acorns from the walk so far and trees are still heavy with acorns:mad: I pre-empted a bunch by heavy trimming this weekend.

Beaudee
09-22-2009, 08:45 AM
You're just trying to make me jealous, aren't you? Well, it's working. :hammer:

Try the Diddley Decoy set-up.5 clip on decoys and 1 electric mojo.:tu:Its a shootin fest:rll:Works best in the evening,morning has been a waist of time for me.

Moonshine
09-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Try the Diddley Decoy set-up.5 clip on decoys and 1 electric mojo.:tu:Its a shootin fest:rll:Works best in the evening,morning has been a waist of time for me.

Have all of the above, but every time I've been able to hunt in the evening it's been raining. :mad:

Beaudee
09-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Have all of the above, but every time I've been able to hunt in the evening it's been raining. :mad:

Dove kinda shut down on me.My lease has several coyotes.Gona try to nail one this weekend.See one everytime i go out..M3HLTRblIqUGotta check the sights on the .308 Marlin and have some fun with a nephew.