PDA

View Full Version : Chase owns my mortagage for about 2 months and manages to lose the tape with my info

Silver_2000
09-03-2009, 10:51 PM
My old mortgage was with WAMU who was bought by Chase. I refied soon after the purchase so Chase had my info for a VERY short time.

IN that time Chase managed to lose a tape that contained the info for hundreds of thousands of customers

A quick Google search shows Chase loses tapes all the time. Once in 2006 and again it appears TWICE in August of 2009

This letter looks just like mine (http://datalossdb.org/attachments/0000/0468/chase_breach_notification_letter_-_20090813.pdf)except mine is dated Aug 31

What a crock

http://onlinestorageoptimization.com/index.php/chase-tape-fail/
http://attrition.org/pipermail/dataloss/2006-October/000682.html

PUMP
09-03-2009, 11:32 PM
The real crock is that someone atempting to seek credit in your name will normally not have their identity verified unless you set a fraud alert. Seema like it ought to be the otherway around:confused: That is kind of like saying that anyone can seek credit in your name unless you tell them not to do it.:bs

dboat
09-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Pat should be let go.. is their security so lack as to let this happen?
Dana

Moonshine
09-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Very aggravating. I too have my mortgage with WAMU/now Chase. You know, in many of the identity theft cases we get the victim was very lax with their personal info. I've read, but don't know if it's accurate, that something like 60% of ID theft cases involve a suspect who knows the victim. Either way, I am very conscientious about my personal info. And it aggravates the beejesus out of me when someone like Chase, or recently Citigroup, says "Whoopsie, we lost your data."

Silver_2000
09-04-2009, 08:41 AM
They offered me a free year of Credit protection - BUT I have to mail in a form ?

What is this the 60's - Mail in a form ?

It an easy way to be certain few customers will take advantage of the offer.

charlie
09-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Beware of chase.

They will do something to raise your interest rates, or your payments by way of fines. And this will be to no fault of yours. They will mail the bill late, or not mail it at all, and charge you for being late.

I would re-finance if I where you, before they ruin your credit.

They put the screws to me all ready.

Good luck.

Silver_2000
09-04-2009, 11:47 AM
What I tired to say was that I refi3ed away from WAMU/chase about 5 weeks after chase took over - so they only were responsible for my data for a short time and managed to screw it up

Tags for Google :evil

chase mortgages suck
wamu sucks
chase lost my personal information
chase mortgage responsible for id theft
chase mortgage incompetent

Ill add more later

charlie
09-04-2009, 12:59 PM
:tu:

gbgary
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
don't send in the chase card app. i've been a chase customer for years and have been happy but yesterday i get my card statement and the min. payment amount nearly tripled. they went from 2% of the balance to 5%. i've been making way over the min amount payment for months, to drive my balance down, but now the min will be tough. time to drop them and make a balance transfer to another card. i'll close my bank accounts too and move. :mad: