PDA

View Full Version : John Force Racing... are they cheating?

Sandman
09-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Looks like it was in interesting day @ Indy.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2149905/did_john_force_cheat_at_indy.html?cat=27

Strong words from Cruz Petregon @ 4:10 and it gets hot @ 5:57
HB3BqQ65nbc

dboat
09-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Great post... makes one wonder but John had his reasons for why he took a particular lane.. the NHRA investigated and found no cheating.. but even if he did do it, so what, its a team sport.. he has an obligation to his sponsors and fans to get all of his cars into the final rounds..

Dana

Silver_2000
09-08-2009, 08:28 AM
One of the biggest reasons they have tech inspection is because Drag Racers cheat. So do nascar teams and F1 teams. Its not news.

Even if it could be proven that John took a dive, Im not sure that I would call what he did cheating. He was racing his own team and he decided what the best outcome for him would be.
He currently has 4 cars in funny car. If they all qualify he owns 25% of the field. Would it be cheating for him to have 16 cars and own all 16 qualifying spots ? Would every race then caused one of his cars NOT to win be cheating ? In my scenario it would happen every race, since every car would be a John force car.

It sounds like Cruz was ok with the "Cheating" when it benefitted him on the Force team

Silver_2000
09-08-2009, 08:36 AM
After the race is over F1 teams instruct their drivers to run over the marbles after the race to pick up weight so they can pass tech.

Is that legal ? Arent they admitting they might be light ?

Bracket cars run with extra weight so they can lighten up in the later rounds to make sure they can run the 1 10/th quicker they need

legal ?

Sandman
09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Even if it could be proven that John took a dive, Im not sure that I would call what he did cheating. He was racing his own team and he decided what the best outcome for him would be.

It wasn't proven that they cheated and that will hold. But as far as what constitutes cheating, it is in the rule book and there are rules against team cooperation. Upholding and enforcing the rule is a different story.

Me personally, I've always been a big John Force fan and wanted to see him win regardless of how it affected the rest of his team.

This article (http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2009/09/07/priorities-leave-force-nhra-at-crossroads/) does put down some of the fact on paper. Of course there are plenty of opinions in it too.

Silver_2000
09-08-2009, 02:36 PM
It wasn't proven that they cheated and that will hold. But as far as what constitutes cheating, it is in the rule book and there are rules against team cooperation. Upholding and enforcing the rule is a different story.

Me personally, I've always been a big John Force fan and wanted to see him win regardless of how it affected the rest of his team.

This article (http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2009/09/07/priorities-leave-force-nhra-at-crossroads/) does put down some of the fact on paper. Of course there are plenty of opinions in it too.
I wasnt aware that there were rules against team cooperation

I do find it repugnant that Cruz didnt mind it as long as he was on the inside

In2deep
09-08-2009, 03:52 PM
That's funny, Force's dentures look real nice..

dboat
09-08-2009, 07:47 PM
ok, then, I guess they all cheat to a degree.. but the article made a good point in that this wouldnt have happened if Cruz would have done a better job through 18 races.. so this is his sour grapes.. IF, and its a very big IF, in my books, John Force laid off, then so be it.. I doubt that any number of other teams wouldnt have done the same thing.. John also explained what happened, but I bet most arent listening to that story at all..

Otherwise, bring out Ashley and lets do some skimpy underwear pics.. :evil

Dana

gpz 750
09-08-2009, 10:24 PM
i don't think there is any doubt about them cheating. If he would have went out and won that race he would have knocked hight out of the top ten. Force had already secured his spot so he drove out of the groove and lost to get another of his cars in. Cheating, YES, can they prove it, NO. It's still BS though.

Mark #2
09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I watched all this stuff live and John just drove straight to the wall to get his teammate in the top ten. There is No doubt about it. Just look at Stewart dumping right now to get Newman in, or Jimmy and Jeff dumping now to get MM in the top 12. F1 is way beyond all of this stuff, there is a lawsuit now on one of the teams ordering a crash of one of their cars.