PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Project

dboat
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, I have put this project off long enough, several years in fact.. but I got out there and did the final sanding, oiling and such to get this done.. Here it is.. zebrawood if you didnt already know..

Dana

PUMP
09-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Good job. Did you build it? I love working with wood.

dboat
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM
wood.:evil:evil:evil

(in my best Beavis impersonation, huh huh huh huh.. he said wood.. )

Yes I did, Kim(my wife) and I took some woodworking classes in Dallas several years ago and this was one of the projects.. she has been using hers for years while mine was either in the garage or the basement.. so here it is.. I did sand the top all the way to 1000 grit sandpaper because I wanted a super smooth and shiny top.. and I got it.. now the rest(sanded to 220) feels not so smooth as it did originally.. so I might go back and sand the other parts to around 400-600, if I feel like it.. its spending the night in the garage to let the balance of the oil continue to soak in..

Thanks for the compliment.. I appreciate it.

Dana

Moonshine
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Very nice. :tu: I don't think I've ever seen a piece of furniture made of zebrawood.

dboat
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Very nice. :tu: I don't think I've ever seen a piece of furniture made of zebrawood.

thanks, I havent seen much, so that is why I did it.. just to be a bit different.. but that shouldnt surprise anyone that knows me..

Dana