PDA

View Full Version : How about them Coogs?

dboat
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM
I realize this is N Texas and it has its definite leanings towards UT, Okla and the local teams. However, its been a long time but my alma mater is finally making its way back to the big time and after beating Texas Tech in the final minute of a hard fought game last night, have risen to be #12 and #15 in the two top polls in college football. They have a really good new coach and a great quarterback along with some young talent that is beginning to gel. They are good enough to run the table on the rest of their conference games and end the season with a really good, if not, undeated season. Dont get me wrong, they are about where they should be in regard to the polls.. but its always good to have your school in the limelight and winning again.

Go Coogs!!!:tu:

Dana
Class of 1979

In2deep
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM
I realize this is N Texas and it has its definite leanings towards UT, Okla and the local teams. However, its been a long time but my alma mater is finally making its way back to the big time and after beating Texas Tech in the final minute of a hard fought game last night, have risen to be #12 and #15 in the two top polls in college football. They have a really good new coach and a great quarterback along with some young talent that is beginning to gel. They are good enough to run the table on the rest of their conference games and end the season with a really good, if not, undeated season. Dont get me wrong, they are about where they should be in regard to the polls.. but its always good to have your school in the limelight and winning again.

Go Coogs!!!:tu:

Dana
Class of 1979

Dang the year i was born, Old school!!

dboat
09-28-2009, 06:30 AM
Dang the year i was born, Old school!!

absolutely.. wouldnt trade those years for anything. I was there when we won multiple SW Conference titles in football and basketball. We had the best golf team in the country and a darned good baseball team too.
Best part was how much college cost back then too, my college costs for my degree were less than one years cost now..

Dana

Shiner1
09-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Good to see them doing well..:tu:

Ohmsby
09-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Boys in Lubbock are a little butt hurt this morning for sure. Probably did not expect to drop one to the kids on I-10

:tu: for your squad

dboat
09-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Boys in Lubbock are a little butt hurt this morning for sure. Probably did not expect to drop one to the kids on I-10

:tu: for your squad

Thanks and if you watched the game, I wasnt sure we would win either but the boys have found a way so far this year..

thanks
Dana