PDA

View Full Version : Fall Nationals

99WhiteBeast
09-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Took my 12 yr step son for his first Fall Nationals-Finals at Ennis yesterday.
He had a blast and was smiling from ear to ear all day:D

Its been probably 10 years since I've been.

The left lane dominated most of the day for the fuel cars but Schumacher showed how it was done at the end in the right :tu:

Force racing with thier 4 cars in Funny's seem to always get a car to the finals- Robert Height took first in that category.

Pro Stocks (my favorites) had some awesome races with some won by 1/1000th second difference.

Its such a rush to see and witness that kind of horsepower (7500HP). When they got to some other classes like pro-gas, super comp, or comp eliminator it seemed like those guys were crawling down the track- and they were running 8's and 9's

Shiner1
09-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Nice, going to have to break-down and go next year.

99WhiteBeast
09-28-2009, 10:42 AM
The ADRL will be in Ennis on October 23rd/24th. You can pick up free tickets at about any GM dealership. My Pontiac dealer had stacks of them.

This is some serious door slamming big blower alky cars running sub 4 sec 1/8's at 180-190 MPH- makes for some exciting racing.

I think some of these classes run a mix of nitro/alky with Nitrous and Turbo cars to boot also- Outlaw racing at its finest.

There is supposedly some brew haha on these guys running on sanctioned NHRA and IHRA tracks. I think it probably comes down to insurance and rules (safety).

dboat
09-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Steve, glad to hear the kid had a great time. Its something most folks should do at least once in their life. Even though the non fuel guys are freaking fast, its just compared to the others, well, they do look like they are crawling along.

Dana

Sandman
09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
I usually go, but couldn't this year. It has always been a blast. However, I do wish they would let them run the full 1\4 mile.

Silver_2000
09-29-2009, 09:13 AM
I usually go, but couldn't this year. It has always been a blast. However, I do wish they would let them run the full 1\4 mile.
They interviewed some team tuners and the take away basically was they wouldnt be doing it any time soon if ever. They just started recognizing 1000 foot records, and stated that the shorter runs were saving money and in the economy the money was too tight

Sandman
09-29-2009, 11:03 AM
They interviewed some team tuners and the take away basically was they wouldnt be doing it any time soon if ever. They just started recognizing 1000 foot records, and stated that the shorter runs were saving money and in the economy the money was too tight

Yeah, I understand the benefits, I just enjoy seeing them go the extra 320 ft:burnout:

99WhiteBeast
10-24-2009, 05:39 PM
The ADRL will be in Ennis on October 23rd/24th. You can pick up free tickets at about any GM dealership. My Pontiac dealer had stacks of them.

This is some serious door slamming big blower alky cars running sub 4 sec 1/8's at 180-190 MPH- makes for some exciting racing.

I think some of these classes run a mix of nitro/alky with Nitrous and Turbo cars to boot also- Outlaw racing at its finest.

There is supposedly some brew haha on these guys running on sanctioned NHRA and IHRA tracks. I think it probably comes down to insurance and rules (safety).

The ADRL 'ProMods' were pretty cool. I went Friday night and got to see lots of thrills- blown motors, blown trans, nitrous back fire's and a bad wreck where the guy had to be a CareFlite had to be brought in.

The blowers on these cars are huge- they are easily 6x the size of my KB and one of the guys said he was pushing 54lbs of boost:eek2:. Another Pro Nitrous driver I talked to was running 4 x 400 shots on 830 cubic inches:eek:

Very cool stuff- most of the times were sub 4sec runs at a little over 200 in the 1/8th.