PDA

View Full Version : Mass Air meter

zforce77
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Is this meter worth buying for my 03? 90MM part #M-12579-L54. Will it benifit my performance?

PUMP
09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
90-mm is stock on the 03. What other mods do you have or plan to have?

zforce77
09-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Just getting a grip on what I bought. Have been out of the performance vehicles for over 30 + years. After my son was born it tappered off and we went the baseball route instead of spending money on hot rods. The baseball thing worked out as he is playing pro ball in a independant league for now. I could just imagine if he was a gear head and we went the hot rod route what we would have built. I am used to the 671 GMC blowers, Hemi's, tunnel rams and old school stuff like that. I have been looking at this and a few other web sites to get ideas. I am looking to increse HP up some but don't want to break the bank as its my daily driver now. Just got done paying for the damage that incurred the day I bought it as I did not turn over to insurance. I am coming to the deal at Bone Daddy's and hope to get some info, meet some people and look at some trucks too. No real mods to the engine as of yet as it is pretty much stock. I am a newby to todays stuff but a quick learner.

PUMP
09-29-2009, 10:58 PM
In that case, save your money for other things. You do not need to worry about air meter until you start running boost above 16-psi and then you only need to worry about pegging (max output) the stock one, The computer uses the output from the air meter to calculate fuel. When you peg it, the Air Fuel ratio will go lean which can really tear up the engine.