View Full Version : recall - cruise control

Silver_2000
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Its all over the news

Ford finally reaclled a few more million vehicles for the Cruise control switch

The Kressler predicted it would effect them all about 24 months ago... :tu::tu:

PUMP
10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
My 2003 was recalled in Sep. 2008. When I took it in, the dealer did not have the $4 part to fix it so they deactivated my cruise control. Six months latter, still no parts so I did the fix myself. Finally this last August (22-months latter) Ford sent me a letter saying the parts were available. I wonder how they're going to handle this latest recall??? :eek:

Mark #2
10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Its all over the news

Ford finally reaclled a few more million vehicles for the Cruise control switch

The Kressler predicted it would effect them all about 24 months ago... :tu::tu:
It wasn't that difficult to predict the same Ford electrical design, same part, same failure mechanism. Easy fix, a fuse.

svtroky
10-16-2009, 07:15 AM
My 2003 was recalled in Sep. 2008. When I took it in, the dealer did not have the $4 part to fix it so they deactivated my cruise control. Six months latter, still no parts so I did the fix myself. Finally this last August (22-months latter) Ford sent me a letter saying the parts were available. I wonder how they're going to handle this latest recall??? http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

Dam I whent 6 months ago took like 15 minuts and it was all done recalled fix.:banana:

gagspa
10-16-2009, 08:41 AM
They have been sending us notices for years, but they never had the parts to fix it so we never went in. Finally a couple of months ago they sent a letter saying that they had the parts so we were in and out in 10 minutes.

ZeusSVT
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I went to Bankston in Frisco twice to try to get it done when I was living in Frisco. I finally gave up. I need to go and try the McKinney dealership and see if they can do it for me I guess. I've been putting that one off for a while. :tex