PDA

View Full Version : Deer Cam Picks

Beaudee
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
New huntin spot,i hung a feeder and wanted to see what was there.:rll:

Beaudee
11-13-2009, 08:56 PM
enough of Texas T-Bones LOL.Heres some Oklahoma picks.Ill be there the 21st.:icon_mrgreen:

Beaudee
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Few more max of 4 picks .:d

dboat
11-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Let me at them.. all of them..

thanks for posting up.

Dana

Wht95Lightning
11-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Wow! That's a high traffic area. What's in the feeder?

Beaudee
11-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow! That's a high traffic area. What's in the feeder?

Corn,pigs keep tearing up the feeder.Need to install a hanging one.Can never seem to catch up with the pigs,they mostly come through @ night.

PUMP
11-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Turkey are just in time for Thanksgiving.:icon_lol: They are very cautious so probably won't come through while your there.:icon_evil:

Beaudee
11-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Turkey are just in time for Thanksgiving.:icon_lol: They are very cautious so probably won't come through while your there.:icon_evil:

Place is infested with em.I shot 2 in the spring and let tons of em walk.I see em everytime i hunt.I hear em coming sounds like a deer and its always about 15 turkeys.They are corn fed and are as good as store bought.

Beaudee
11-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Let me at them.. all of them..

thanks for posting up.

Dana

I got a good pig video for you but dont know how to post it.Its 1.7MB

Silver_2000
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
you can upload it to the gallery if you want

it should work

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/index.php

dboat
11-14-2009, 10:25 PM

get it posted up... let me at them with my bow and arrows..

Thanks
Dana

Beaudee
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/25126/ppuser/779 :D Thanks Doug

Moonshine
11-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Cool video. Most of the hogs I've killed have been late at night using a hog light or spotlight.

Moonshine
11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Not a great picture of him, but this is the buck I'd like to get n my sights this year.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/bigbuck092.jpg

dboat
11-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Brian, let me at that boy first with my bow and arrow..:D

Dana

Beaudee
11-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Not a great picture of him, but this is the buck I'd like to get n my sights this year.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/bigbuck092.jpg

Thats a wall hanger:eek2:.I ran into one like that(not with a rack like that) with my bow and he busted me way before he ever came in close enough which is why i dont bow hunt anymore.Thats a nice deer,and with a recent photo.Good luck:tu:

Silver_2000
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
can I shoot the bird ?

slick-svt
11-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Looks like a small Caribou.....

Moonshine
11-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Doug has dibs on the crow. :D

Yeah, he just showed up in the past week, but I have pics of him on three different days, so I'm hoping to get a shot at him. That's the nicest buck I've seen out there since '07.

Moonshine
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I think the buck I'm hunting may be a descendant of this one.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/08big.jpg

I really wanted to kill this buck, but never saw him in daylight. Obviously, he lived through the '07 hunting season, but I never got a picture of him after this one, and I've never seen another that came close until this new one that showed up last week.

Shiner1
11-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice buck Brian. Good luck... I think Doug should only have a sling shot to use against the crow..:rll:

Beaudee
11-19-2009, 09:28 PM
looks like a red river county buck.That is some deer.Good luck:tu:

Silver_2000
11-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Ill borrow Danas bow... LOL

I havent killed anything in years

dboat
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Brian, I am not picky.. I will take either one with my bow.. wont make sound either, or wake up the neighbors.. ;)

Dana

Moonshine
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Dana,

Sorry, but I'm calling dibs on the one in the first pic. The one in the second pic is surely dead by now, although I have no idea if he died of old age, got poached, or moved home territory and got killed the following season.

Moonshine
11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
No joy. Really cruddy weather all weekend, and the only buck I saw was a small spike. :( Oh well, that's why they call it hunting and not killing.

dboat
11-22-2009, 05:00 PM
No joy. Really cruddy weather all weekend, and the only buck I saw was a small spike. :( Oh well, that's why they call it hunting and not killing.

been there and done that.. or just be out all day and see nothing too.. but its always good to get out, get some fresh air, and sit in some quiet and enjoy nature too.. maybe even take a little nap too.. ;)

Dana

Moonshine
11-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh yeah. The worst day hunting still beats the best day at work. And nice evenings by the campfire with a beverage or two. And the peace and quiet. And yes, I even got a nap or two in. :tu:

Shiner1
11-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh yeah. The worst day hunting still beats the best day at work. And nice evenings by the campfire with a beverage or two. And the peace and quiet. And yes, I even got a nap or two in. :tu:

+1:tu:

dboat
11-22-2009, 09:19 PM

yep, and too bad it doesnt pay as much.. although, having spent a few 20 degree days in the woods in Pennsylvania deer hunting, not sure how much of that I would want to do on a ongoing basis.

Dana

Sandman
11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
My brother sent me this one today.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6159/CDY_0451_Small_.jpg

dboat
11-24-2009, 07:41 AM
:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Moonshine
11-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Cool pic! I'm thinking the pig got to eat all the corn that day, including the corn the coon had already swallowed. :evil

Silver_2000
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
is it me or is that corn on the pigs back ?

Moonshine
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Probably. Not uncommon for racoons to climb up on the feeder and turn the spinner plate to sling corn for themselves (and by default for the pigs below). Just a guess, but in this case the coon may have fallen, landing on the pig and annoying him.

Beaudee
11-24-2009, 11:37 AM
is it me or is that corn on the pigs back ?

Big Ticks LOL:rll:I bet before it was over that coon was on the pigs back.

Beaudee
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM

I got back yesterday,shot a small 5 pont buck not worthy of postin a pick but got me some meet in the freezer.I missed a nice doe,i was hunting out of a pop-up blind cause im still on crutches from the bike wreck.Damn blind has that velcro window screen and i didnt have it open and took a shot threw it.I missed:rll:Blew the window out with the marlin 308. and rattled the crap out of the blind:d.Its still eatin on me,it was dark and a hard shot threw the window and some brush.Good time though:tu:I blamr the miss on my knee:rolleyes:

Beaudee
11-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Heck ill post it. pic removed

Moonshine
11-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Heck ill post it.

Not the greatest rack, but he'll eat just fine. :D

As much as I hate to spook the buck I'm after it really is getting to be time for me to put some meat on the ground.

Shiner1
11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Haha!! poor coon, pig outta pick on someone his own size...:rll:
Of course once he was out of camera range the coon might have had his crew jump the pig......

Beaudee
11-24-2009, 02:26 PM

As much as I hate to spook the buck I'm after it really is getting to be time for me to put some meat on the ground.

Try some primos doe estres.That stuff stinks but works.I broke the top on mine to make sure it didnt spill.I couldnt get rid of the bottle soon enough.I didnt want to get molested by a buck:rll:

dboat
11-24-2009, 08:52 PM

Brian, let me help you out here.. I will take it with my bow and you can keep the meat.. :D

Dana

oh, dibs on the pelt and horns though..

Moonshine
11-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Brian, let me help you out here.. I will take it with my bow and you can keep the meat.. :D

Dana

oh, dibs on the pelt and horns though..

Hmmm, maybe I should offer to trade you some HID headlights if you let me keep the meat. :evil

dboat
11-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Hmmm, maybe I should offer to trade you some HID headlights if you let me keep the meat. :evil

Works for me...:rll:

Dana

slick-svt
11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Remember you can"t eat the horns......:hammer:

dboat
11-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Remember you can"t eat the horns......:hammer:

true but they mount well on the wall.

Dana

Beaudee
12-02-2009, 09:26 PM

Put anything down yet.Im gona give another crack this weekend.Ill try to behave on the way to the processors,last time i passed (flyby pulling a trailer with deer:burnout:)a new silverado pulling a trailer/atv and a nice buck in the back of truck.1ST come first serve opening weekend,passed him up 1 mile before the place.When we got there if looks could kill id been dead:d.Post up Brian.

Moonshine
12-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Nope, no luck yet. If I don't see him soon it's gonna' be time to drop some does and put some meat in the freezer.

dboat
12-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Nope, no luck yet. If I don't see him soon it's gonna' be time to drop some does and put some meat in the freezer.

let me at 'em!!! I promise to be really quiet.:D

Dana

my2002lightning
12-04-2009, 01:05 AM
What's the haul, Beau? I saw 6 does and 2 coyotes the first day out, which I could've dropped them all easily - I was gunning for a wall-hanger, though and let them all walk.

Long story, but I broke 2 ribs climbing out of the stand 20'+ up. That wasn't fun.

New huntin spot,i hung a feeder and wanted to see what was there.:rll:

Showtime
12-05-2009, 12:44 AM
:icon_lol::rll::icon_lol:

Beaudee
12-05-2009, 11:36 AM
What's the haul, Beau? I saw 6 does and 2 coyotes the first day out, which I could've dropped them all easily - I was gunning for a wall-hanger, though and let them all walk.

Long story, but I broke 2 ribs climbing out of the stand 20'+ up. That wasn't fun.

Id a paid to see that fall:rll:So far for me 1 small 5 point.This is the last weekend for gun oklahoma,other than a doe holiday.Never made it this weekend too cold for me and nothing has been movin.I dont let anything walk worthy of eatin,i dont care about racks or trophy antlers.Good luck Ronald and wear your safety harness:hammer:.

my2002lightning
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh, I was wearing a harness and had unbuckled to take-out for the evening. To explain, it's sort of not the best design stand for the tree and the way it grew, but the location has a ton of traffic all around and my stand is on a very good elevated position. We were in a hurry with opening day right around the corner, too.

The deal, is on the way out of the stand, the buckle on my body harness snagged on the floor of the stand. I had lowered my rifle down, but had the Desert Eagle and two full mags on my hip. I had a death-grip on the stand, but when the buckle cleared and my body-weight hit the stand-floor (from only ~4") at an angle on the 2nd and 3rd bone ribs from the bottom. I heard/felt this CRUNCH-CRUNCH! :crying: The odd thing is, it never entered my mind to let go. I knew something was busted. But, took a deep-breath and swung my legs over and got a foot-hold and got down ok.

After about a week, the sharp pain still felt like my KA-BAR stabbing me in the ribs when I would sneeze, cough or get out of bed, etc. Friday, I went to the Dr. for an exam and x-ray. The last 1/2" of the rib-tips of the 2nd and 3rd from the last rib were snapped-off.:icon_sad:

I just have to take it easy on the ribs for a month or so. Doesn't hurt when I'm just taking it easy, actually. I can feel them grinding-around in there sometime and hear a "popping" sound.:icon_wink:

Id a paid to see that fall:rll:So far for me 1 small 5 point.This is the last weekend for gun oklahoma,other than a doe holiday.Never made it this weekend too cold for me and nothing has been movin.I dont let anything walk worthy of eatin,i dont care about racks or trophy antlers.Good luck Ronald and wear your safety harness:hammer:.