PDA

View Full Version : huh ?

Silver_2000
11-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Obama: Debt Could Fuel 'Double-Dip Recession'

The United States’ climbing national debt could drag the country into a “double-dip recession,” President Obama told Fox News in an interview Wednesday from China, though he said he's still considering additional tax incentives for businesses to reverse the rising unemployment rate. The president, who is in Beijing as part of his tour through several Asian countries to address economic challenges, spoke candidly about the precarious balancing act his administration is trying to perform. He wants to spend money to kick-start the economy, but at the same time is in danger of creating too much red ink.
"There may be some tax provisions that can encourage businesses to hire sooner rather than sitting on the sidelines. So we're taking a look at those," Obama told Fox News' Major Garrett.
"I think it is important, though, to recognize if we keep on adding to the debt, even in the midst of this recovery, that at some point, people could lose confidence in the U.S. economy in a way that could actually lead to a double-dip recession."

so the way to avoid having the increasing debt cause more problems is to increase the debt by more "programs " ?? WTF

WA 2 FST
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
This guy is proving what everyone who could think straight already knew... he is in way over his head, doesn't know much about anything, and 10+ months into his presidency he's made some very poor decisions.

Let's just hope the Dems lose control over Congress in a year and this guy gets nuetered before things get even more screwed up.

FMC is proving that this country doesn't need more government bailout $$ to get back on its feet. But this is literally all the Democratic party knows how to do when it comes to spurring the economy... same old, same old "tax and spend."

PUMP
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Only this time it's spend and then tax. Anyone who thinks we don't have a big tax bill comming is nuts

WA 2 FST
11-18-2009, 10:23 AM
yep, you're right Bob. We're spending $$ we don't have, and I guarantee you he'll rob anyone over the poverty line to pay for it.

we're going to have class warfare on our hands at some point here.

dboat
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
we're going to have class warfare on our hands at some point here.

in my book, we already are now... but its been limited to those making over 250k.. how long before that number drops? say even below 100k? I say it wont be long.. although, there will be a hesitation at the number that the Congress gets paid..

Dana

Moonshine
11-18-2009, 11:12 PM
in my book, we already are now...

Dana

No, we haven't seen anything close to warfare yet, but I fear that Wes is correct. We will.