PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to take bets on Folk?

WA 2 FST
12-19-2009, 11:39 PM
I'd give him less of a chance than his FG accuracy percentage the past 8 weeks.

The guy is just horrible. It's in his head. This move should have been made back when Dallas was 6-2, but he was missing FGs. Instead, Phillips thinks it is best not to rock the boat. Now they are behind the 8-ball with a kicker who is absolutely pathetic.

Glad they won, but they have no chance to do anything with this guy kicking FGs. It affects play-calling, it affects the confidence of the team, and it has already affected the outcome of several games.

The one time I'd like to see Jerry act swiftly as a GM... if Wade won't do it, then Jerry needs to.

There has got to be someone better out there with some playoff experience. Even if they can't make the 45+ yarders anymore... at least make all the ones inside 40. Jason Elam?

98Cobra
12-20-2009, 02:51 AM
I think/hope he is done. Pretty sad when you can't hit one from the 15.

dboat
12-20-2009, 07:24 AM
I'd give him less of a chance than his FG accuracy percentage the past 8 weeks.

The guy is just horrible. It's in his head. This move should have been made back when Dallas was 6-2, but he was missing FGs. Instead, Phillips thinks it is best not to rock the boat. Now they are behind the 8-ball with a kicker who is absolutely pathetic.

Glad they won, but they have no chance to do anything with this guy kicking FGs. It affects play-calling, it affects the confidence of the team, and it has already affected the outcome of several games.

The one time I'd like to see Jerry act swiftly as a GM... if Wade won't do it, then Jerry needs to.

There has got to be someone better out there with some playoff experience. Even if they can't make the 45+ yarders anymore... at least make all the ones inside 40. Jason Elam?

+1 and
+1 on Jason Elam

too bad too because he was such a good kicker coming out of college.. the surgery last year must have changed something in his delivery and now its just out of control.. if he wants to stay at this level, he needs to have someone work with him on his leg swing and such to get him back where he was, but we dont have time to wait..

Dana

Flats Man
12-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Yep, i agree with you Guys! Dallas needs a kicker! I said it last night. Did you see all the misses on his practice kicks before the game?

WA 2 FST
12-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Yep, i agree with you Guys! Dallas needs a kicker! I said it last night. Did you see all the misses on his practice kicks before the game?

Yes, I saw that... they were showing it right before he was lining up to kick the 24yder, I think... or maybe it was before the one he made right before half. Anyway, amatuer golf swings look better than that... duck hook left, banana hook right... it was UGLY!

Ohmsby
12-20-2009, 09:20 PM
I feel for the guy but in the words a an infamous Falcon's coach NFL is not for long if you keep playing like that

Time for Jerry world to get a new boot IMHO

L8 APEX
12-20-2009, 11:04 PM
I thought we fixed it when we got rid of Gramatica (sp?) he needs therapy, it in all in his head.

WA 2 FST
12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Or, just do as Jimmy Johnson once said, and I quote, "just play well enough, and build a comfortable lead, so that we don't have to rely on the STUPID kicker. Any player who is on the field for less than 10 plays a game, should not be in control of the outcome.". Classic Jimmy.

Shiner1
12-21-2009, 10:51 AM
or, just do as jimmy johnson once said, and i quote, "just play well enough, and build a comfortable lead, so that we don't have to rely on the stupid kicker. Any player who is on the field for less than 10 plays a game, should not be in control of the outcome.". Classic jimmy.

+1

dboat
12-21-2009, 07:43 PM
He's gone...

Dana

WA 2 FST
12-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Yep... he was released this afternoon.

Shawn Suisham to the rescue. LOL. Actually, the guy was solid in Dallas before, and was 18 of 21 this year... but his 3 misses for the Redskins cost them the last two games he was on the roster (Cowboys and Saints).

Wouldn't it be funny if he hits the GW kick next week vs. Washington?

dboat
12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Yep... he was released this afternoon.

Shawn Suisham to the rescue. LOL. Actually, the guy was solid in Dallas before, and was 18 of 21 this year... but his 3 misses for the Redskins cost them the last two games he was on the roster (Cowboys and Saints).

Wouldn't it be funny if he hits the GW kick next week vs. Washington?

yes, but I would prefer a rout by at least 3 touchdowns so you wouldnt have to count on him..

Dana

WA 2 FST
12-21-2009, 08:40 PM
yes, but I would prefer a rout by at least 3 touchdowns so you wouldnt have to count on him..

Dana

Hahaha... agreed 100% (see my quote from JJ). :icon_mrgreen:

dboat
12-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Hahaha... agreed 100% (see my quote from JJ). :icon_mrgreen:

+1 zactly..

Dana

Shiner1
12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxqgBVXaFHI :rll::rll: