PDA

View Full Version : Almost done

tucamote
01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Here is what I got done during the weekend. Sucks working by yourself but I got the hard stuff out of the way. Sorry for crappy cell phone picts.

BC Lightning
01-04-2010, 11:09 AM
The 2.6KBs are fun, just watch the temp of the blower, they get really hot

when I had one the KB oil dipstick dropped into the blower twice because the blower was running too hot, melted the oil cap on top and the metal dipstick started bouncing around inside the blower

tucamote
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Cool I will keep an eye on it.

BC Lightning
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Cool I will keep an eye on it.

It could be nothing now, I know Wes and I bought two of the first 2.6KBs and it could have been a problem that has since been fixed, but I don't think he had the same problems I did, just another thing to keep your eye on

tucamote
01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I went ahead and ordered a new boost actuator from KB, I got the low Vac actuator hope it works better than the one it came with. Anyone had any problems with them?

kirkmears
01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
let me know if you're near the downtown area, more than happy to help...at least stand around and hand you something to drink.
:beer:

tucamote
01-07-2010, 11:49 PM
That would be great but I have the truck at my brothers house 2 hours away. The only time I work on it is on the weekends when I go out there. I am going to start it up this weekend hope all is good.

yadisisp2
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Hell yeah, man. Should be running in no time

tucamote
01-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I went to crank it up saturday after some tune issues from my tuner i finally got a correct tune for my setup from JJ. It started right up no problems at first then it started to run like shit and was blowing a crap load of smoke from exhaust. I saw that my AFR was going really lean I shut it off and checked for leaks and stuff nothing all looked good on the outside.
I started it back up thinking it was just condensation in the exhaust still the same thing, so I shut it off and I saw I was a little low on water. I pulled the blower and manifold off thinking it was leaking past the gasket. Sure enough it was I was pissed I pulled the gasket to check it for tears or broken somewhere it looked good. So I went and got some gasket sealer and put it on the gasket both bottom and top put it all back together turned it on and STARTED RIGHT UP no problems AFR was good it idled good and then after about 2 mins it started to do the same crap. Was I pissed by the way if anyone wants to know the gasket I got are from fel pro some how I am getting water in the intake runner of the heads how can this be possible??? So me and SVTROKY got the truck up here to Dallas so I dont have to travel 2 hours to work on it I left it at a friends shop.
Anyone have any ideas what would cause this I am already tired of trowing money at it and not running right. Should I get the gaskets from ford????

yadisisp2
01-17-2010, 06:44 PM
You think the intercooler is leaking\cracked?

tucamote
01-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Not the intercooler I never added water to it hell i dont evan have the pump hooked up yet.

tucamote
01-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I started it up yesterday started fine and everything is good. The problem with the leak was resolved when I installed the old manifold back in I guess the new one was warped or something causing it not to seal up. It would leak on passengers side only. I put old one back in and no more leaks now all I have to do is paint the midplate I got from Roy it was red i am going to paint it grey and clean up my old manifold too.

yadisisp2
01-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Post up an idle clip when you get a chance. I wanna hear it with those cams.

tucamote
01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
:nana2 i started her up today and she idled fine still needs fine tunning drove it a few miles no leaks and runs good. :nana2 Here is a small vid off cell sucks i know but its all I had.

tucamote
01-25-2010, 08:18 PM
I tried to load a vid and it didnt load?????:icon_cry:

yadisisp2
01-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Upload it on youtube or you can e-mail it to me and I'll put it up

yadisisp2
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Here's the vid. Hard to hear, but better than nothing, lol. I bet your glad to get it running finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iY2eDL95w
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58iY2eDL95w)

RSVT
01-26-2010, 02:37 AM
sounds good...

ZeusSVT
01-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Glad to see you finally got it up and running again. :tu:

In2deep
01-26-2010, 03:48 PM
All I heard was whistling!!