PDA

View Full Version : Identity Theft

Beaudee
02-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Totally disgusting.Ive been hit 3 times this year.Recently with counterfit checks with my account # and YES drivers liscense # which you can get anyones online:vomit::hammer:Alls they need is your name,any check you wrote and they are in business.Word of advice dont write checks to anyone you dont know.So far this year 2 credit cards messed with and checking account.:flaming::flaming:What a mess ZIC57kbD_W8

dboat
02-21-2010, 01:38 AM
My Amex has been hit twice. I rarely write personal checks but do use Quicken and my bank to pay bills(not sure those count)..

Dana

Silver_2000
02-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I check my accounts twice a day to catch the bad guys,,, :hammer::rll:

dboat
02-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I check my accounts twice a day to catch the bad guys,,, :hammer::rll:

Well, I am not that anal about it, but I do check once a day and it helps identify if any nefarious activity is going on... :tex

Dana

Beaudee
02-21-2010, 11:56 AM
All the counterfit checks have been credited except Walmart.They hit walmart 2 times for large amounts electronically.They buy expensive stuff and return it for cash.How a lousy counterfit check could pass with a not even close signature is beyond me.How they got drivers liscense is scary.I am following this all the way to court and am gona ask jury for the punishment to brand the side of their face THIEF.Hoping the police can get this thief.:flaming:

Beaudee
02-21-2010, 12:15 PM
:flaming: Uz605bHvjQI Not much equipment needed to do this.What a scam

Moonshine
02-21-2010, 12:26 PM
I've been lucky so far, but I also take a few steps to make it more difficult for them to victimize me. Obviously, your DL has your full name (first, middle, last, and any suffix), along with your home street address. My checks are printed with just my first and last name, and with my PO Box rather than my street address. I've never had anyone refuse to accept a check because it didn't have my physical address, and the discrepancies between the DL info and what's printed on the checks makes it harder for the ID thieves to match the two up online. Not impossible, but hopefully more work than they're willing to expend. And with online bill pay I write fewer than 25 checks a year out of an actual checkbook.

dboat
02-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Brian, we do the same thing and do not have our phone numbers on our checks. Online payment is great.. we are the same as you and I use more deposit slips than I do checks.

Dana

Moonshine
02-22-2010, 11:06 AM
do not have our phone numbers on our checks. Dana

Yup, forgot to mention that. Sometimes they ask for a phone number, and if they do, I just make one up on the spot. I've even had clerks who will dutifully write 123-456-7890 on a check as I rattle it off.